production credits

jwalk

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
does anyone know of a website or anything i can go to that show songs hiphop producers have produced?

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
do you want to know about a song in particular? cuz if you ask here, you'll probably find someone who will tell you...

jwalk

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sYgMa said:
do you want to know about a song in particular? cuz if you ask here, you'll probably find someone who will tell you...

no i just want to see a hole list of songs

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Hey man its good to see production credits, but if you know what I know, it means something sometimes, but more often than not, some poor lowly soul has been JERKED and it is NOT that producer whose name is beside it (sometimes ghostproducing is not a choice), I got some stories I wish I could share from a couple insider's perspective (dirty secrets of the industry)and how the game works, don't get me wrong most of the producers whose names are out there nowadays can and do produce but, a lot of labels contracts ROB you of using your name if they are hiring you to produce, in other words we got good oL, BiGDtrackslammer for instance, he signs a contract to make X amount of joints per week and they can pick from for a project....not saying any will make a project you just signed a deal to make joints that they can find songs from.....they give you a flat fee say 15G's then on the contract in the small print you cannot use your name, on anything you produce for say 5 years or whatever.....what this is for is so the label can then take your WORK and let Those known names, get paid and take credit....trust me this happens more often than you might think nowadays.....it pays to have a manager and a manager, (not that label's manager though) that specifically can help you get a good deal and not get screwed in the process........sometimes even if your name shows up it might be under some name like studio instrumentalist etc.....trust me this is the truth......LOL

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Talk as Real as it gets

bknot1 said:
thats real talk BigD..why to let them know whats real..
Hey man I just have to tell what I know, while protecting the innocent, you would be surprised at who I come into contact with though all on my grind, I am not a name dropper though, the industry is a very small world, you would be surprised, but does that help me get on a project????? NOOOOOOOOO LOL.....I soak it up like a sponge and take every tip I get.....the game is crazy, because nowadays you have producers that already proved themselves and been on projects but because of the competition coming from the outside (producers just like us) knocking them out of work and making them grind even harder doing the same thing we do, making beat CD's and promoting but usually with a nice lil staff or team and getting meetings, but at the same time, getting jerked and lowballed on deals cheapening some of the money that used be out there for production or publishing deals..........

bknot1

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
so damn true..i have meant to say way to let them know..but i feel you...like i tell everyone..im tryin to sell just one beat to a major..cause that will get my name out there..cause its goin to be hot..but you right folks need to know..

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
yeah, BigD, he gives some real industry info. its crazy, im learning so much about the "truth" LOL and BigD has confirmed a lot about them. The more that i know, the less I want to make music for a living.

By the way The website is whats uppppp!! nice tool.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Classic I respect you and your music, its on point man, its finished and consistent, I don't really have a lot to say in that department, you and PG got skillz no doubt, I just have a different impression of my hip hop but hey everyone has different taste though thanks for the comments.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
BigD, I know personnally that im not hiphop at all. But i respect hiphop and those who has been a real fan since 1989. I am now a big Fan of how the producers back then flipped their samples. It is sad to know that most of them are not making money today. They didnt had all the technology that we have right now.. my God... MPC60 ?? tapes???? crazy stuff. I have a lot of respect and love for them, they are to me the best school.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
bigdmakintrax said:
Hey man its good to see production credits, but if you know what I know, it means something sometimes, but more often than not, some poor lowly soul has been JERKED and it is NOT that producer whose name is beside it (sometimes ghostproducing is not a choice), I got some stories I wish I could share from a couple insider's perspective (dirty secrets of the industry)and how the game works, don't get me wrong most of the producers whose names are out there nowadays can and do produce but, a lot of labels contracts ROB you of using your name if they are hiring you to produce, in other words we got good oL, BiGDtrackslammer for instance, he signs a contract to make X amount of joints per week and they can pick from for a project....not saying any will make a project you just signed a deal to make joints that they can find songs from.....they give you a flat fee say 15G's then on the contract in the small print you cannot use your name, on anything you produce for say 5 years or whatever.....what this is for is so the label can then take your WORK and let Those known names, get paid and take credit....trust me this happens more often than you might think nowadays.....it pays to have a manager and a manager, (not that label's manager though) that specifically can help you get a good deal and not get screwed in the process........sometimes even if your name shows up it might be under some name like studio instrumentalist etc.....trust me this is the truth......LOL

^^ this is true, i've been there