Production As A Hobby

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah it can be hard to find time to make music when there's so much else going on. I find it's much harder today than years ago because now there's so many online distractions, plus it's too easy to just say "fuck it" and play Xbox instead.

I've been trying more and more to make beats rather than sit down and watch a movie or play games. The way I try to look at is that it's better to spend time creating something than wasting time away.

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
Yeah it can be hard to find time to make music when there's so much else going on. I find it's much harder today than years ago because now there's so many online distractions, plus it's too easy to just say "fuck it" and play Xbox instead.

I've been trying more and more to make beats rather than sit down and watch a movie or play games. The way I try to look at is that it's better to spend time creating something than wasting time away.
Ye, i feel you, school is really keeping me down but i dont wanna ignore it

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
School first. That's gonna give you the Plan B-C-D-E in case you pursue music and it isn't lucrative enough to survive on.

As to piggyback to what Fade said, there are way too many distractions out there (social media, online gaming) and most of those distractions fit in your hand which you carry at all times. Once things slow down at school, you can use the spare time to be creative. You don't necessarily have to spend hours at a time. You can jump on something and finish it later.

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
School first. That's gonna give you the Plan B-C-D-E in case you pursue music and it isn't lucrative enough to survive on.

As to piggyback to what Fade said, there are way too many distractions out there (social media, online gaming) and most of those distractions fit in your hand which you carry at all times. Once things slow down at school, you can use the spare time to be creative. You don't necessarily have to spend hours at a time. You can jump on something and finish it later.
When i will end high school i will go to england to study music production. As you can see i cant speak english. So i will not be able to continiune rapping (i rap in greece and i will propably live in england forever) just because i will not be in my country, i have 3 years left and i wanna enjoy them as much as i can but its hard man.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Forget school! @Sucio is a clown.

j/k School is important to fall back on, but @Sucio is still a clown.

Maybe start with a drum track and work on that for 20 minutes then come back to it later or the next day to add something else.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
My signature even has @Fade calling me an asshole. But that's cool.... He still hearts me.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Do not jump into anything without understanding the reality of anything you want to do. The Hunter S. Thompson quote about the music business is very real. Many people have made music while having a non musical 9-to-5 and it can be done. Know why you want to rap as knowing why will serve you in the short and long term of what you do.