Producers that people forgot about

G-French

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was thinking about some of my fav. producers that people just don't talk about. People always talk about the big names but what are some of the other producers everyone is feeling?

1 Dan The Automator
2 Jey Dee (from Slum Village)
3 Prince Paul
4 J-live
5 The Beatnuts

E

Equality 7-2521

Dan tha automator is very dope.
Jay Dee is so so.
Prince Paul is pretty dope.
J-live is more of an MC. never heard his beats i dont think.
The beatnuts are ok beatmakers but suck in general.

Dj Shadow and Rjd2 are the best IMO but get no love here. Also, Fat Jon, Boom Bip, Prefuse 73, Ant, Kool Akiem, Elusive, Blockhead, Opio, Joe Beats, Mark B..................i could go on forever.

In the end though, Amon Tobin is the craziest.

D

DaFunkDocta2004

Equality 7-2521 said:
Dan tha automator is very dope.
Jay Dee is so so.
Prince Paul is pretty dope.
J-live is more of an MC. never heard his beats i dont think.
The beatnuts are ok beatmakers but suck in general.

Dj Shadow and Rjd2 are the best IMO but get no love here. Also, Fat Jon, Boom Bip, Prefuse 73, Ant, Kool Akiem, Elusive, Blockhead, Opio, Joe Beats, Mark B..................i could go on forever.

In the end though, Amon Tobin is the craziest.

Jay Dee is "so so"...yet made Com's first viable single, "The Light" and probably influenced about half of the current sonic trends in urban music today...everybody's gotta make it clap now and made an album that did things no hip-hop album ever did. This cat even got bitten by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis! "So so"...yeah ok.

Beatnuts have a catalog of classics under their belt and get jacked by the Jackmasters and they suck. Uh uh.

RJD2 is a concept that has yet to come to real fruition. There's flashes of brilliance, but overall nothing that sticks to the bones. DJ Shadow is nice, too, but gets lost in himself before deciding, oh maybe someone should hear this first. Gimme a break.

Almost forgotten producers:

1. Ishmael (Butterfly of Digable Planets)
2. Paul C (if not for him there would be no Large Professor or Eric B and Rakim)
3. Large Professor
4. Minnesota
5. Diamond D
6. Buckwild
7. Lord Finesse
8. Nasheim Myrick
9. Kwame' (making the sweet comeback though)
10. Daz
11. DJ Quik
12. Organized Noize
13. Jam Master Jay
14. Chy-Skills (of early Onyx days)
15. Domino (of Hieroglyphics)
16. A+ (of Hieroglyphics)
17. D.R. Period
18. Lil' Fame of M.O.P. (DON'T sleep)
19. DJ Scratch
20. Hank Shocklee
21. Shock G
22. Beatminerz

C

Copenhagen

K.C said:
L.T Hutton, Madness 4 Real & 7L

Just out of curiosity, are you referring to the danish trio who produced for the likes of Ice Cube, WC, Mack 10, Rakim, Shadz of Lingo etc?

Other danish producers you guys should check are Dj Noize and The Prunes.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
18. Lil' Fame of M.O.P. (DON'T sleep

let's say NAS and Ghostface then, Ghost got one of the hottest tracks on his disk

D

DaFunkDocta2004

jaydub23510 said:
18. Lil' Fame of M.O.P. (DON'T sleep

let's say NAS and Ghostface then, Ghost got one of the hottest tracks on his disk

It's interesting that you point out Nas, because he is getting more and more into production and actually plans to produce one of his next albums all by himself. Can't remember the title he had in mind, something like "Nastalgia" or "Nas Writes No More" I think.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DaFunkDocta2004 said:
It's interesting that you point out Nas, because he is getting more and more into production and actually plans to produce one of his next albums all by himself. Can't remember the title he had in mind, something like "Nastalgia" or "Nas Writes No More" I think.

word i heard those tracks he did like 3-4 of them they were fya, him and ghost, forget Eminem and Kanye needs to put the mic down!

D

DaFunkDocta2004

jaydub23510 said:
word i heard those tracks he did like 3-4 of them they were fya, him and ghost, forget Eminem and Kanye needs to put the mic down!

Ahhh well...after that verse on Jada's album, I'd have to say that Kanye will really have to focus himself on his next album, which he's getting into in the near future, "Late Registration". As far as Eminem...don't slap me, but I think the kid is getting better bit by bit, I have to admit. The Banks remix, the Jada track (minus the hook)...

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DaFunkDocta2004 said:
Ahhh well...after that verse on Jada's album, I'd have to say that Kanye will really have to focus himself on his next album, which he's getting into in the near future, "Late Registration". As far as Eminem...don't slap me, but I think the kid is getting better bit by bit, I have to admit. The Banks remix, the Jada track (minus the hook)...

In my opinion Eminem needs to quit producing all of his beats sound exactly the same, eventhough I think Kwame did most of the work, (he's a cool brother too), and Kanye needs to put the mic up, imo he sucks on the mic, and Just Blazes beats are harder to me!

members online