PRODUCERS...ever noticed this?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Sometimes, you put a hot a$$ beat together and be luv'n how it sounds, walk away for a break and come back, reopen it, and the beat sounds different for some odd reason?

-dac-

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Fireman! Smoke the weed in it's natural state......don't add anything that will get you "high high" lol

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
happens all the time ..... even sober ... sometimes ill be so entranced in the beat ill be loving it and bobbin my head like crazy... then i get distracted for a minute and when i turn it back on it def sounds diffrent ... thats actually my test for if a beats hot .. if i can go away for a half hour or even till the next day and come back and its still bangin then i know it just wasnt me being in that wierd zone i get it sometimes.

T

TheMost

happens all the time ..... even sober ... sometimes ill be so entranced in the beat ill be loving it and bobbin my head like crazy... then i get distracted for a minute and when i turn it back on it def sounds diffrent ... thats actually my test for if a beats hot .. if i can go away for a half hour or even till the next day and come back and its still bangin then i know it just wasnt me being in that wierd zone i get it sometimes.

yeaa usualy for me its the next morning , next day wtv i notice and can relay tell if its hot or not if im gonna go on with it or not.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
this shit happens when u hear it too much.

Yeah exactly, you were prolly really focused on tha beat and cuz it was playing too much your ears and mind grew tired and excepted the faults. This happens to me alot so usually now when I work on something I'll constantly stop it for a second and put on another song just to take a break and then have a fresh listen to it before continuing.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
Sometimes, you put a hot a$$ beat together and be luv'n how it sounds, walk away for a break and come back, reopen it, and the beat sounds different for some odd reason?

-dac-

sometimes they are different! make sure that you save your settings if your changing your sounds up at all.
theres a million different ways to save, choose 3 haha

.......ELDIA........

O

open mind

Yeah exactly, you were prolly really focused on tha beat and cuz it was playing too much your ears and mind grew tired and excepted the faults. This happens to me alot so usually now when I work on something I'll constantly stop it for a second and put on another song just to take a break and then have a fresh listen to it before continuing.

same what i do it really helps a lot.

booya_nang

A breath of fre$h air!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 76
happens to me too, best thing in my opinion is to take a break and listen to another track for a good 10 mins or so, or even go about your business for half and hour and then come back. if it sounds hot then u know your onto somethin, if it doesn't...then u gonna have to do some major tweaking

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
happens to me too, best thing in my opinion is to take a break and listen to another track for a good 10 mins or so, or even go about your business for half and hour and then come back. if it sounds hot then u know your onto somethin, if it doesn't...then u gonna have to do some major tweaking

Seriously! It's like what someone else has already said. When you think you have a tight track- 1) Make sure you save it and all the setting for the track! and 2) I recommend not listening to it for a couple of days to a week.

Totally get it out of your system...a few minutes to a few hours is actually not a sufficient amount of time IMO. It really doesn't have anything to do with your ears being tired. 72 hours to a week is a better gage for me. If it's still hot after a week....it's probably a pretty good beat that you can easily transition to a hot track. It's easy to get caught up in an element or elements of a new track and think it's the shit when actually the elemenst(s) i.e sample or what ever is the shit and the rest may not be up to par. Everything about the track has to give you that feeling....not just a few things about the track. You may have the basis of a hot beat but not a complete track.

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

yup same here... we all get in "that zone"

i be thinking some of my ish is hot... then the next week i stumble across it and straight delete that ish

Blue77

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Or another thing that happens with me is I'll be listening to my records,find a sample that's HOT,put the beat together,get into that zone etc. then I realize that the sound quality of the sample just wont cut it.That only happens every once in a blue moon though.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100

-dac-

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm thinkin' I'm cookin' up some hot ish! Neck all sore from bobbin' to the beat! Then I'll save the program. Open it the next day.... It's sounds like I smoked all the crack in New Jack City! I thought I was the only one!

Or sometime u think the beat is wack... and a few days later you listen to it... u'd be like.. ey ... this shit is prettty hot

This happens, too. But rarely.

O

open mind

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm thinkin' I'm cookin' up some hot ish! Neck all sore from bobbin' to the beat! Then I'll save the program. Open it the next day.... It's sounds like I smoked all the crack in New Jack City! I thought I was the only one!

dude this statement made me so much laugh u made my day thanks. whenever iam down i just need to read this and iam laugh the shit outta me i save this as a bookmark!

members online