Producer shows

B

Big La

Yo Fade,

I went to a set that Pete Rock did in San Francisco last year. Thought he was gonna be playin' stuff from his 'Beat Generation' release, but it was a DJ set of various new songs that were coming out.

I was a little disappointed cause I wanted to see him do his stuff. But the upside is he debuted a lot of new dope stuff. So it was an O.K. show.

BTW, the cool thing was there was a kat in the front row with a sign that said "Where's C.L.?". Pete just looked at him, smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

Cool.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I think we're bound to see C.L.'s face on the side of a milk carton soon!

I was more thinking about those shows where underground producers showcase their beats in a sort of competition, just curious. But I wouldn't mind seeing Pete Rock live tho.

T

tallblkproducer

IVE HEARD OF A FEW PRODUCER COMP. IN NYC. NEVER BEEN TO ONE THOUGH. IM TIRED OF MC BATTLES! THEY SHOULD HAVE SOME SHIT WHERE TWO PRODUCERS COME TO THE STAGE EACH WITH A BEAT CD ( NO MPCS OR SPS) AND EACH ONE PLAYS A JOINT GOING HEAD TO HEAD. THE CROWD WILL DECIDE WHO HAS THE ILLEST TRACK FEEL ME. I THINK ITS WACK TOO TO HAVE A CATEGORY FOR A TRACK! JUST PLAY A TRACK-HARD, MELLOW, WHATEVER! A HOT JOINT IS A HOT JOINT IN MY OPINION. I WANTED TO SUBMIT SOME STUFF FOR THE BATTLE ON THIS SITE, BUT IM NOT FEELIN THE "CATEGORY THING"

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

I've been invited to a few, but they never show up! Maybe Phoenix is not the place for it...

Nick

T

tallblkproducer

IM AM SOOO TIRED OF MC BATTLES! WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO START HAVING PRODUCER BATTLES?? HAVE LIKE 2 CATS COME TO THE STAGE ARMED WITH A BEAT CD (NO MPCS OR SPS) AND JUST GO HEAD TO HEAD PLAYING THEIR JOINTS. LIKE EACH CAT GETS TO PLAY LIKE 3 JOINTS A PIECE , AND WHOEVER THE CROWD IS FEELING THE MOST, THATS WHO WINS. ALSO, I THINK IT IS WACK TO HAVE A "CATEGORY" TO STICK TOO. I WAS PEEPING THE BATTLE ON THIS SITE,AND IM NOT FEELIN THAT PART. JUST HAVE CATS USE ANY TRACK WETHER IT BE MELLOW, HARD, OR WHATEVER. A HOT TRACK IS A HOT TRACK PERIOD.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The reason for the "theme" is that it's different, plus it offers a bit of a challenge to those competing. Maybe we'll have one competition without a theme, but for now that's the way it goes.