Producer Rockwilder gonna help out up and coming producers, selling beats for $50

SeveredTies

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Something smells like another internet scam......LOL

NOBODY is going to give away beats for that price if they are worth far more. I think this might be another way for him to make money.

It seems like its too good to be true for MC's. And yall know what they say about "to good to be true" shit.

I wouldn't worry to much.

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
He isn't giving away professional quality tracks...what he's basically doing is opening a beat auction site featuring (a few) beats from him and mostly beats from other people.

There was a really persistent and strong rumor in the industry a few years ago that rockwilder's ghost producer died. I don't know if that has something to do with what he's doing with his career now, but it definitely might.

Cheo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
"There was a really persistent and strong rumor in the industry a few years ago that rockwilder's ghost producer died"

Wow such bad luck.

Wattz21XX

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
who brought this thread back to life?

i remember readin bout that rocwilder site n checkin it out. i always saw it as a way for him to make more money and at the same time "clean out his harddrive" like some1 else stated. some1 had hit me up before tellin me they purchased a beat from the site. but he got it along wit a "leasing" contract tellin him how and for what the beats only uses are for. i saw those agreements before on a bunch of "internet producer's" sites i always thought that whole leasin thing is gay, and a way to whore out your beats and sell them as many times to as many random unskilled rappers as possible. im not sayin that mc's online aint nice but wit stuff like that, you never know whos gettin ur beats.

i agree that rocwilder is settin producers back as well as every1 else that does that leasin stuff. yea its a good way to make fast money but not a good way to make some real music.

just my thoughts...

Soo DyNaMeK

ill o.g.
Soo Dy-NaM-eK !!!

Freakwncy said:
this aint going to help us now... this is going to set us back... cuz now.. why get a beat from an unknown cat, when u can get one from someone with experience for about the same price... NOW EVERYONE REALLY GOING TO HAVE TO STEP UP THEIR GAME... think about it..

Timbo - $1000 or Unknown Guy - $1000
Who are you going with? Especially if the styles are some what similar
On top of that.. this is going to increase the amount of BS rappers on hot beat... the beat game was fine.. the rappers need to come up...

IMO

Sup yall. Don’t get caught up with that whole giving back to community excuse. He might be giving back to the community but at whose expense??? No matter how much money you make you can never have enough. Why does Bill gates go to work still, why does Jay-Z still making investments, why does corporate shareholders reinvest after they have attain wealth? Because in this world you can never have too much capital.

I study a little about business and there’s something called Creditability. How can you go from selling a product from 50,000 –100,000 to 50$??? There is something fishy about this here.

Two reasons:

Reason 1) Tax write off. {He might be in a little trouble with IRS thus him making money anyway he can.

Reason 2) It’s not him but he’s getting a portion of profits. Picture this {A hugh production house or producers from around the world that creates and summit it to him for a certain amount of money $$$, being that he now has a hugh fan base via Internet, he can collect from the producers and the artist.

Reason 3) If it is him indeed, he might have a provision in his site that allows him 100% of copyright, an astronomical amount of points and anywhere from 50-90 5 of pub (which might be his publishing company).

Don’t mind me thinking out loud.

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
don't get it twisted, he's making dough off it. First of all, it's not necessarily wack beats, or a scam. What he's doing is testing the waters to see if the idea works.

Take Roc beats, sell em for $50. Now, it's not a big deal because all these wack mc's are gonna be rhymin on the same damn Roc beats. It's not like it's sold once, and done. He's gonna sell these beats at least a few hundred times each i'm sure, maybe more. If you do the math, it can easily add up to what the major labels are paying for one of his tracks. As far as publishing, he's definately got clauses in the contact saying he get's 100% producer credit, 100% of the publishing splits, etc.....It's not a scam, just a new way to make money....Who knows, maybe he tapped into a huge market?!

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I to wont really affect yall tho cuz htink of it this way they wont be exclusive joints aat all
they will be joints that every rapper will have then youl have 1000 mc wit the same beat so the site will die off cuz the market would be flood wit the same joints

bootl3g

ill o.g.
this is all a money making scheme

"Da Rocwilder" fell off 4 years ago

aint heard of him since untill this

another hoax, if he was really ballin i don't think he'd have to be selling beats for $50 per track

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
I heard about this sometime early last year.. Then i heard something about it on BET the other day.. It was on 106 & Park i think.

I'm sure that everybody can figure out how this would hurt us.

But the good thing is that there is no way that he is gonna be able to keep up with everybody that want beats. I know that he is a so called big name and stuff but he is gonna have a waiting list and i know that some rappers aren't going to want to be put on a list for a beat.. that they might not get to hear until its sent to them...

but mo power to the punk.. i hope his mpc or whatever he is using blows up.. lol...

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
^ thats why he hires someone to handle all that for him.. Friend of mine(local as matter of fact) has rock shopping a few of his tracks for him.. thanks to that site of his and rock isnt snaggin much from it either.

julio g.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think its a money making skeme. Think about how many rappers are gonna buy and people that are into production are gonna join. Thats alot of people= alot of money for his pockets. $50 dollars will equal millions to him if he's plan works. But than again it can ruin he's reputation if the beats aint all that. Is that a price to pay? Is it worth it? I like roc, but this right here tripped me out.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
julio g. said:
I think its a money making skeme. Think about how many rappers are gonna buy and people that are into production are gonna join. Thats alot of people= alot of money for his pockets. $50 dollars will equal millions to him if he's plan works. But than again it can ruin he's reputation if the beats aint all that. Is that a price to pay? Is it worth it? I like roc, but this right here tripped me out.

Obviously the man isnt gonna put his name on anything thats shit... He'll sale the ok ones online to the lackies and collect his % sure.. but the ones that are good and have nice commericial Appeal he's shopping to the industry taking 30% of the deal .. which is not a bad move but a rather smart move (well he's tkain 30% of my friends beat deal with Clipse)

I think what he is doing is very smart its something others have tried to do but had No credibility to actually make last.

and again lol if the track is bad obviosuly he isnt gonna display it to his connections that would just be stupid.. Man has over 15 years in the industry you really think he is that dumb?

Vell

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
just becaue the beats are does not mean that when some second or third rate rapper put his lyrics on the song that it is goin to be hot. roc is only selling the beats for $50 his production skills are not coming with the $50

E

Equality 7-2521

Freakwncy's original thoughts were the same as I got whilst reading this threads first post. Regardless of whether Roc is selling his best or worst work and regardless of whether there are a bunch of people on Illmuzik who have better productions, Roc will still get the sales purely because his name is attatched to them. To the average MC, Roc's name will make the beat sound good if the beat itself doesn't.

Secondly, it's clear that once the site is up and running at full potential, Roc will be producing a very minute portion of the beats and will instead be spending most of his time approving other peoples beats. There is the opportunity for approved producers to make good money from selling beats on the site but this incurrs a large annual registration fee and so therefor it would probably only be a good choice for people who have the neccessary skills but also a bit of money to throw around too. It will be interesting to see if the site remains popular once buyers start to find that Roc is producing very few beats at all.

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
this fool is stupid.... well i dont really care but its just gonna make things worse in the game.... people are gonna now go buy this guys trash beats and try to make something good out of it...i personally think he is stupid for doing this but ey everyones got their opinion...

members online