Problem recording internal sounds on NOVATION X-STATION

Tha Hypnotist

ill o.g.
hi. i got the novation x-station midi controller/synthesizer. i just did a reformat of my computer.. before i was able to record the internal sounds from my keyboard into midi with acid pro, now i can only use the keyboard as a controller via. FL STUDIO/Reason. if i want i am able to record the audio output from my x station, but this is not so good as i cannot sync my midi on time. when i first got the x-station ( this christmas ) i also was having troubles with recording midi, i used to record the audio and chop the wave form within acid and move the notes onto the grid to be on time. As most of you already know this is quite a tedious method and i refuse to do this again as their is a easier way to deal with this.

right now i am using my keyboard with FL stuido rewired with reason for the refills. but i urgently want to use my onboard sounds, as it has warm analog synth sounds and it is quite a bit easier to do synth sweeps or FX drops using the knobs onboard the controller, rather then drawing in automation using a virual DAW

if you people need i can get screen shots of my midi connections in ACID or the setting i have my global set to on my synthesizer.

Any help or suggestions will be highly appreciated as i am getting very fustrated and discouraged due to these complications...

Thanks

Tha Hypnotist

ill o.g.
You need to route the audio outputs of your synth to the inputs in your daw and create a stereo audio track with corresponding inputs and arm that for record as well. Make sense?

No.. it doesnt totally make sense to me. i was talking to a engineer and he told me that he was going to get me setup so i record audio into my DAW back into my X-station then record from my x station midi signals back. That dint make much sense to me either, but he was going to walk me through it so i got my shit working.. sadly, hes a busy person and i have not been able to talk with him for 5 days or so,so i thought someone here may be able to assist. but then he said we were going to do it a different way, because i have SPDIF i/o with my soundcard and x station

before my reformat i just fucked around with my settings on my keyboard and in acid with the input output midi on the midi track itself and within the options/preferences and got it to work, but could never get the midi clock from my keyboard to sync with my DAW

if anyone could give me a run down on what i need to do in a bit more detail it would be appreciated,and i will test to see if it works. also...i have my audio outputs from my x station hooked up to my mackie mixer

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
" i was talking to a engineer and he told me that he was going to get me setup so i record audio into my DAW back into my X-station then record from my x station midi signals back."

That exactly what I said.

Basically midi does not actually carry any audio at all. So you need to get the audio from your synth to acid

If you want midi to go back and forth go from midi out on your interface to midi in on the novation and mini in on your interface to midi out on the novation. Then plug in the audio outs from the novation to the audio in on your interface.

Is that more clear?

Tha Hypnotist

ill o.g.
i had it connected like that before. but that person was telling me that since i had the x station powered through usb i could just use that for my midi in, then have a midi cable going from my soundcards midi in to my x station out,and said their would be a way easier way since i got the SPDIF. and i realize midi DOES NOT contain any audio. and i already stated that i have my audio outs from my x station to the ins on my mixer and then going from the alt outs of that back into the soundcards L/R ins. so this is just a problem with midi. also sometimes when i tried making acid and my x station link together my x station would wig out and just start flipping through patches, and even when i dint press a key it would go insane with the automation like in this pic.

before i had it working having it like you said having the midi in from my x station to soundcard out then xstation midi out to soundcard midi in.

also yesterday i started fucking around with refills for the first time, using fl rewired to reason, and was having trouble even if i had my notes on the piano roll at the start on 1. i wouldent hear anything until until the 2nd, or 3rd beat then after that whatever i drew/recorded in the piano roll would play. but i wasnt having that, that was some bullshit latency, and i realized once i just changed this one setting on my x-station (USB TO MIDI OUT: '1') to the value of 0. i no longer had latency probems with reason rewired in FL, so i am not sure if this is a problem with a setting in my global on the x station, or a issue with ACId and its midi configurations, or if i just got to go back to how i had it setup before and fuck around with it.

Attachments

• crazyness.png
    crazyness.png
    270.9 KB · Views: 269

members online