Pro Tools vs. Sonar & Adobe Audition 2

• beat this! voting starts in...

thaprecepta

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey I have Reason 3, ReCycle, and Adobe Audition 2. I was wondering if theyre would be any point in me wasting my time to download pro tools or sonar 6. are either of these a lot better than audition? i dont really see the point of DAWs like pro tools and sonar, can't you just fix up the sound you want in Reason 3? Feel free to take me to school i got my pen and pad out

Wizdom

Soul Collector
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
sorry to be the bearer of "good news" here but you can download a Protools demo:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/ProToolsMPowered71-main.html#download

You need to have an m-audio interface (the site shows you which ones are compatible). I have the delta 44.

At any rate, I've been challenged with this same scenario. I use FL studio, but have looked into all three of those DAWs you mentioned for recording vocals and mixing down my tracks. I have actually used Sonar 4 for a while now and I'd say it's an okay program for what I mainly do. I did download the both the ProTools and Adobe demos. I would say out of the three, I am leaning towards Audition. My 30 day trial of Audition is about to expire and I'm dreading having to slap down the $350 to purchase the sh*t, but I definitely give it the nod. It seems like you can do more with Sonar 6 in terms of midi and some other things, but the interface is just not as intuitive as Audition. Also, Sonar 6 kinda looks "cartoonish" to me as well. It seems like they have tried to make the user interface more user friendly, but I'm not really feeling it.

I would say that if you are comfortable with Audition, and you mainly work with Audio files (e.g., .wav's), I would stick with that. If you are looking to expand into more midi instrumentation and video and all of the other features of Sonar, by all means explore that option. I've found that the best creativity comes when you don't have to keep trying to figure out how to use the stuff you got. It just works for you and you can concentrate on the music - y.., y.., yeah

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
they are two totally different programs. Audition is great for chopin samples, but I use pro tools for recording a band. I mainly use macs so I dont get much sonar time these days but sonar 6 is great. I use pro tools (and am working on pro tools certification) because it will help my career. Any way reason and audition are all you need for chopin a sample but if you need a full featured multitrack then go the pro tools/sonar route.

thaprecepta

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks... k it seems i wont be needing to use pro tools or sonar anytime soon since all im doin is making hip hop beats and chopping samples... no vocals for me