Pro Tools Digi 001 w/ Mac OS X?

SeveredTies

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have the digi 001, running on a mac g4 with os 9.x. The question I have is this, Digidesign says that the 001 will not work with OS X. They would like us to buy the 002 or mbox for it to work. Im not going to drop another Thou, on some hardware if I dont need it. I was in Mac OS X and i was running iTunes and I thought, wtf, I dont want to be listening to music through that little speaker on the front of my computer. I might as well try to download and install the driver for the 002(Core Audio 6.9) and see if it works. What Happens?......It Does Work! Even though digidesign said it wouldnt. Has anyone else tried this....Will it work for pro tools 6? I think it should being that it works with the Reason Demo and iTunes and everything else that needs a soundcard. If anyone has had any luck with this let me know!

"The Digidesign CoreAudio Driver is a multi-client, multichannel sound driver that allows CoreAudio compatible applications to record and play back through the following Digidesign audio interfaces. • Pro Tools|HD audio interfaces • Digi 002 • Digi 002 Rack • Mbox"

Maybe they dont want to provide support for the 001 so they say dont list it as a supported device????
Thank you

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
yea i've not tried this but theres a few things that they say won't work but infact it seems they do like you can have multiple soundcards, when they say you can only use one with pro tools !