Possible interview with 9th Wonder

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Everyone knows how highly I think of 9th wonder and actually was a fan long before lil brother, but anyhow I am going to do an interview with him(face to face) and I was going to possibly get some feedback on what you would ask him?? also the bonus of him making a beat at my lab is in the works right now as he is at the mall with my man pharoh (editor of streetzmagazine http://www.streetzmag.com/ when i spoke to him a few moments ago, his plate is very full today and tomorrow so cross your fingers on the lab visit.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Man, that's great to meet someone like that. Hope the meeting goes thru, Big. As far as what to ask (yeah, I know this is generic as hell, but I still would like to know) is how does he start a project. Does he have a formula/process that he does everytime or is each project approached in a different way. Sumthin like that. I always wonder how he get's started since he's a fl dude.

Edit: I just remembered that he keeps that a secret. LOL!

Everyone knows he uses FL but is there any new equipment/technology that he has discovered recently?

O

open mind

sounds good but hey dont expect to much from dude he must be in business stress fo sho.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Ask 9th about sample clearance, and how his payments workout. Whats the legal process

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Ok the video I have is me at the camera and he was running extra late but I got the clip, and I got to meet him he is cool people but no real questions, tomorrow I will get a real interview hopefully but he was sleeping extra late, but like I said my man pharoh and him are tight as well as pharrell so i have the access tomorrow, will update the info.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
good shit, congratulations on that man, this is a big deal. Be sure to ask him the infamous "any advice you want to give to aspiring producers" question. holla bak

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
yea Def play some beats for him,when he goes to the bathroom, steal some samples off his laptop.

O

open mind

ask him what is the most important thing if u want to develope and sharpen the skills as a producer.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
I was doing an interview with him for my website, as you know I have interviewed Kev Brown, and some other producers in the past but mainly to get a tip or two, but like I said imma mention Ill to him also, he wanted to link up with some of the producers and artists in DC thats how I found out and was invited to meet him.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Ask him how much mixing and mastering benefits his tracks opposed to what he does with just FL, in to that you can ask how his approach is before bouncing/sending it to the M&M engineers.

Protools... just record edit and playback or is it the whole solution for your production and mixing?

Is the dude a bedroomtechie or a studioslut ?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Ok I didn't complete the mission all the way i have very small clip of him, when I met him and that's it, he had to cut out to DJ a party my man told me he was very tired on Friday he had like 5 or 6 interviews and almost didn't make it to the spot I was to do the interview at, I got sick of driving around to find a parking space there but I got the golden piece of information, his direct twoway contact so the interview will probably be one of the email to him or possibly on the phone we will see how that pans out...I can put a link to the clip its really nothing more than him coming into the record store and saying peace to me and I met him after that but no time for interview then.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Thas dope...ask him if he likes coke or pepsi

members online