portable vocal booth

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
naw actually that things pretty dope ... ive seen it in action a couple times... its def not just a screen and would be extremely hard to make by urself .. it has a very specific shape and build and works really well... def worth it for the right situation .. its not gonna be a booth .. but for people who record in control rooms or dont have spae for a booth its worth its weight ..

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Tru wat Holmz said, its good for people that dont have space.
I will be making somethin similar very soon for my friends studio, coz we dont have that here in Aus. Plus they fuck us up wit prices, way more expensive than wat u pay in the US.

T

The Bastard

that thing looks heavy as fuck, i wonder if it would clamp onto a regular mic stand or if itd need a dedicated stand

T

The Bastard

o shit they explain to u exactly how its made, im sure if yur a handy motherfucka like that u could make one for like 100 bucks,better than payin 300 beans (thats gangster talk for 300 dollars)

J

JMSoundzLTD

-^ word? damn, looks nice as hell tho.. ima have to go to my local G.C and peep it.

T

The Bastard

KurtisRich said:
-TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY... I saw that shit get guitar center... that shit is small as hell!! it looks bigger in the pictures
which one did u see at boston or danvers?

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
its hard to say something is waste of money or a peice of crap when they have never used it.. i have used this thing.. it works ... its not a booth.. obviously it is not soundproof.....it provides isolation very well and makes ur recordings more clear and present... in fact soeone i know that actually uses it inside his booth to give even more isolation....now has anyone else actually used it or are u talking out ur asses? ..

T

The Bastard

Ash Holmz said:
its hard to say something is waste of money or a peice of crap when they have never used it.. i have used this thing.. it works ... its not a booth.. obviously it is not soundproof.....it provides isolation very well and makes ur recordings more clear and present... in fact soeone i know that actually uses it inside his booth to give even more isolation....now has anyone else actually used it or are u talking out ur asses? ..
whuchu think tho, is it worth 300 beans? (thats underworld talk for 300 dollars)

O

open mind

The Bastard said:
whuchu think tho, is it worth 300 beans? (thats underworld talk for 300 dollars)
LMFAO on dat beans.u saved my day haha!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
is a ssl console worth a half a million? ... is a sony 800g mic worth 5gs? .. korg oasys worth 8k? ... monster cables? ...same arugment could be made about anything.... if it makes the diffrence in ur recording to YOU then yes its worth it... if it dont, then pass .. but discrediting something before u heard it or tried dont make sense.. personally i think its a fair price... i dont need one for the way i record but in the right situation that thing is just what the doctor ordered...

members online