poratable midi sequencer

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just bought a yamaha su-10 sampler on ebay. It's a little sampler that runs on battery. Very fun thnig really. But the sequencer (if you can call it that), really suck.

So I could control it via external midi. The point in getting this, was to make noise on the fly and record snippets of environnemental noise. So the sequencer that would control this thing shouldn't be very big. And it should be battery powered too.

The only thing I saw fit for the task was a yamaha qy70 but I don't need it to produce sound really. I even tought about using a palm pilot with a midi port. Anyone could help on this?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well you say you want a MIDI controller to hook up to it, but for what you want to do, don't you just need to record? What you're saying is you want to record sounds and that's it. So the sampler will record them and store the samples like you want, what do you want a controller for? I don't really know of any external devices that are that small, but like you said, maybe a palm pilot.

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I want to record sound AND sequence them. I find that field recording can be a really long process. If I could play with the sound a bit, it would save some time and labor. Maybe what I want doesn't exist.

members online