Polow Da Don using stock GarageBand loops?

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
i wasnt directly referring to what u said ... it was just a general statement.

but at any rate, it would be one thing though if this was some unknown guy that "got lucky" and made a hit out of nowhere using an apple loop. but this is polow .. the man obviously knows what hes doing. his track record speaks for iself...the guy has consistent hits, and it probably the most versatile producer out right now .. he can do so many different styles its crazy.. people make it seem like he goes looking for apple loops to make all his tracks lol... .. im sure he has deeper crates than most of these cats calling him out. he was probably fucking around with logic and heard the loop and thought it was hot and made a hit record. .. a riff is just a riff .. he made that riff into a record and thats what producers do. the track is alot more than that synth riff.

Thats my bad then.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
am glad illmuzik people haven't reacted as crazily about this as most people have. In most cases 99% of the people don't care how the music is made, as long as it works. Respect to Polow.

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Nobody is stopping anybody else from using royalty-free loops, so use em.
Polow heard it, liked it, and used it.
It's the other producers problem that they didn't think of it first, so now they hate.
Keep doin it big Polow!

Spiderman

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
That's not the first time I heard of Garage Band loops hitting major use.

I never witnessed it but my buddy says the major melody in the Rhianna Umbrella song was a Garage Band loop.

It is... they just looped it and slowed it down...

I forget the actual name of the loop but if you go to Drums> All Kits> Its at the very bottom... you'll haer the hit hat

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
loops are everywhere, either as a cornerstone or in the background most people producing music today are simply not capable of producing their own hi quality riffs(there are only few capable producers that build everything from the ground up), processing them sonically or musically and sequencing them to make sense so they can make a major album, so what else can they do? if it sounds dope and amazingly put together there is either a real musician or more than likely a loop as the backbone thatz just the reality people, who cares where it came from, is the music dope or not?? if that shit gets in a meeting and the a&r says here goes the check how many people are gonna stop and say oh no I cant take that check, that beat is really a garage band loop LOL

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
LDB hit it on the head.

If it makes people feel better that they traveled to an ancient tomb in calcutta to find there super rare loop, then more power to ya. the result is the only thing that matters.

Booooy stop! U got me dying laughing over here! Calcutta.......ah ha ha ha ha ha ha

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Terius used Vintage Funk Kit 03 in Garageband for Rihanna's "Umbrella." Slow it down and have a listen.

Terius probably uses a Swiss banker to manage the money he made from Rihanna's "Umbrella."

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
He got over on Usher. 5 figures or more for a stock loop. Not anything wrong necessarily about what Polow did, but it is kinda lazy.

Usher could care less, he wanted a hit and he got one.

members online