please let me introduce myself

B

bcproduct

what's up? figured i'd check this place out. never been in a forum on the internet before. i live in ventura california, been making beats off and on for the past ten years out here as a hobby. a lot of time spent over those years in addition to hip-hop has been spent playing music with different hardcore bands( 3.play and this moment), and a number of years of my life were dedicated to those bands i.e. 4 albums and countless shows. i've also been active off and on making tracks for local cats around here.
basically, as far as equipment goes i got an ensoniq 16+ and an asr10, a 1200 table, a 16 track recorder, a stanton mixer, lots of records, various basses and guitars and percussion type stuff. i like it raw, not raw like some stuff for the yes men, but raw like the artists that got me into this music in the first place. it ain't even worth our time for me to start listing off all the artists from " back in the day". i ain't one of them nostaljic cats that's gonna copy the builders cause' " i'm staying true" or whatever. i like a lot of different artists nowadays and times change. but i will say that for me personaly, every sound will either be from a record ( can't beat the warmth ) or played by me.
i'm not as interested so much in how equipment works, or what types of programs there are as much as i am interested in peoples creative approach to doing stuff. hope this makes sense.

members online