pitch vs. tempo

J-Beats

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
is there a way (using my computer keybord) when i load a sample into FL6 only change the pitch of the sample and not the tempo?? Get @ me

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
there is 2 ways to do this...
load the sample in the step secquencer, go to samples proporties, use the time strech pitch control.

the other way you can do this is load the sample into the playlist and strech it from there.

im sure someone has made a tutorial on this though in the video section of the flstudio thread.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
when you say sample, you mean a loop or just a plain note taken from a song... Well, since you're talking about tempo, I'm guessing you're refering to a loop. S, in that case, that's easy... there is a knob that does exactly what you're asking...

Look in the pic I attached and try to figure out which knob could be used to change the pitch.....mmmmmh...

Attachments

• chansettings_sampler.gif
    chansettings_sampler.gif
    44.3 KB · Views: 123

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
To change the pitch and not tempo and vice versa is a prominent feature that's been there since FL 5. It's called time stretching or time compression depending on which way you are going.

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dj360_iNfInItE1 said:
To change the pitch and not tempo and vice versa is a prominent feature that's been there since FL 5. It's called time stretching or time compression depending on which way you are going.

yep to change the sound of the sample without making it play faster or slower you need to use the pitch know in the time strech feature