pitch correction question and or pitch matching

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
i got a cool little loop i want to use and the original tempo for it is 44.125 bpm and im wanting to speed it up to about 80-95 maybe 100 or so. now i used the preserve pitch while streching funtion and it makes it sound janky. then i noticed when i lower the octaves on the wave while raising them in the clip properties it sounds better. i guess the question im asking is there some sort of program that will match the pitchs from the original to my customized version. i wanna speed this loop up but i want to keep the pitch of it sounding like the original speeds pitch. im using acid 7.0 while messing with this, but **this is not an acid specific question**. i have access to any program that you might think could help me accomplish this.

chord detection? maybe?

hell, i could always ear it out. im just kinda curious if theres any programs out there that would do this, where i would know its exact.

thanks,
eldia

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I would actually have to hear the sample or loop. The thing is that it isn't wise to time stretch a " looped " sample past a certain point. You'll always most like lose some serious quality and get a lot of unwanted artifacts in there, not to mention it just doesn't sound good. Especially looped and stretched to extremes!

As a rule and from experience, I never would up the tempo of a "looped" sample more than 10 to 12 bmp's. You can lower the speed of a "looped" sample that "as is" was say 100 bmp's 20 - 25 bpm's lower (80-75 bpm's ) and it would still sound ok but you have to judge each sample own it's own tempo wise as to how far it can be stretched and still be musical. Tempo doesn't matter much if you're chopping the loop up into to smaller pieces......just my opinion though!

I agree with LDB.
Time stretching just takes the original sound, chops it into loads of peices and repeats parts to time stretch.
As LDB says, this can introduce anomalies to the sound.
On Acid Pro there are various algorythms for time stretching, but as also pointed out by LDB, too much time stretching regardless of algorythm will result in a loss of sound quality.
You could maybe chop the loop yourself into beats, and then half each chop to artificially double the speed of the sample without changing pitch, or repeat each chop to time stretch, which is basically what a time stretch does, but much simpler. But doing it manually allows you to fine tune each chop, and get rid of clicks and anomalies

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
i sped it up and actually have it sounding good (dont know if its exact) but decided that it sounds better in its original state. so im going to go with the ole doubletime method. make a break beat twice as fast and layer it on top. plus this gives me added room to add basslines like i want.

i am still interested in knowing of a program that would give me detailed info on chord structure. because that is what changing the pitch changes right?

ldb , i totally know what your saying. alot of times the wierd things that happen when you strech past limits is a cool effect if thats your thing. sometimes with proper mutilation it can be done without it occuring. but one step over the line you get smacked with the shit turning into garbage.

thanks for the speedy responses, now only if i can get help with this thread here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24708

hint, hint....

L8
eldia

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
If U finely "mutilate" a sample tempo doesn't come into play at all but you said a" loop" and in saying a loop I assume you want to use it "as is" with no chopping it up in to smaller pieces.

hanayalator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 11
About the chords....they might be changing when you speed it up, or you could speed it up so that it sounds the same. I think you want specific pitch information on the tracks...I'm sure any kind of autotune plugin would tell you that (you'd have to figure out the chords yourself). I also remember using a program called 'transcribe' that does that. It also has speed and pitch functions if you're not satisfied with the sound you have now.

H

members online