Phono Pre-Amps

Blue77

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I've been thinking about copping one of these.How is the overall sound difference when using one.Maybe that's what people use with their portable turntables that I'm seeing alot of nowadays.I could never just sample straight from my handytrax and get a good sound,the needle just doesn't cut it anyways ,I've seen them range in prices from $30 to the hundreds and I know those are probabally for the audiophile type.Which kind will get the jobe done for basic sampling.

z0n3d0u7

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you want a low S/N %.

I run a phono pre. TT> Phono pre > Mackie 1202vlzpro. I have a rolls [Not sure on model number, Im away from it for atleast another week.] Its a $60 phono pre, and i caught it in the clearance bin at GC for $25. I have no complaints. Dont need cross fader, cause all i do is sample. I got a mixer, So opted for a phono pre instead of a DJ mixer. Id rather spend $25 on a nice phono pre, Than $125 on a noisey cheap 2ch mixer.

Blue77

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
you want a low S/N %.

I run a phono pre. TT> Phono pre > Mackie 1202vlzpro. I have a rolls [Not sure on model number, Im away from it for atleast another week.] Its a $60 phono pre, and i caught it in the clearance bin at GC for $25. I have no complaints. Dont need cross fader, cause all i do is sample. I got a mixer, So opted for a phono pre instead of a DJ mixer. Id rather spend $25 on a nice phono pre, Than $125 on a noisey cheap 2ch mixer.

Looks like thats the way I'm gonna have to go. I got a 1402 and a dj mixer.So do these things have a "sound" of their own like that ,to where you can tell the difference in your samples from a dj mixer compared to the pre-amp? I might have to start all over again if that's the case.