Paint a Picture

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Allright, describe a moment when you distinctly remember a song playing in tha background that fit just perfectly.

First off I was in College at the time and during the summer I went back to my home turf for the weekend. I linked up with a bunch of old friends from high school and we were on our way to the bar. I distinctly remember AZ - I'm Back playing at that moment and I remember simply cuz it was so fitting.

Second one, I had just got my first car and it was a nice summer afternoon. I had just been paid and I was taking this girl that I had a mad crush on for a while out on our first date. The song I remember that was playing at that time was LL Cool J - Loungin. Fit the moment perfectly.

I'm sure some of you have had moments like that. Even if you don't like the song that much it just fits that moment and whenever you hear that song again it reminds you of that time.

This has prolly been posted before but whatever I'm gonna roll with it.

Peace.

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
One time way back in high school I was having a party at my house and we were all fucked up drunk and about to smoke some when we couldn't find any papers to roll with. Playing in the background was "Paper Chase" by Do or Die. They werent really talking about the same kind of paper we were but fitting none the less.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
End of the school year. My Dad picked me up to go home. As I was leaving, my ex-girlfriend was walking away with some other dude. ON the radio, New Edition, If It Isn't Love came on the radio as we drove away.

I was at a party with my boys. Cops busted it up. Cops was sweating us cuz my boy's truck was all blue. When we started the car to drive away, Too Short, I Wanna Be Free came on the radio.

When I got my first car, I always played Masta Ace INC Ride. It was always fitting.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
My 21st birthday; after a night of debauchery and substance abuse those who hadn't made it home had congregated in the back yard, (this was in summer), and had a bit of a smoke when my mate put "Let it Bleed" by the Stones on. Somehow the whole album with it's drug fucked mellow vibe was very fitting; in particular "Coming Down Again".

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Junkie! Strewth, take it easy.
Anyway that was many moons ago.

(kinda funny how people get these ideas about what I'm like, I guess irony doesn't come across so well on the net) ;P

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
^^ I feel you there, thats always the joint that I bump on the last day of school and all summer long. haha I was thinking the same thing when I saw this thread. Pure classic song.

Btw- Its by Dj Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, not Will Smith haha. Just messin, those were the days.

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Trey Songs "No Clothes On" .... Everytime I listen to that or any track of that album it
reminds me of cruising around south beach, miami just feeling good.

jawanza malik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
try and feel me on this..
JUS GROWIN UP IN THE BX, AND RIDIN DA 6 TRAIN 2 SCHOOL
EVEY MORN WAS DA SHIT CUZ I'D BE BLASTIN SOME TRIBE OR BOOT CAMP
OR HOW BOUT "TRENDZ OF CULTURE" valley of the skins!!!!
WHA YALL KNO BOUT DAT??
ANYWAY JUS MIXTAPES FROM KID CAPRI OR RON G
WOULD GIVE ME FEELIN OF CONNECTION CUZ MOST OF EM CATS WERE
DOING DA SAME STUFF.(jus wit mo money and fame) 2 THIS DAY I STILL TRY AND CAPTURE
da feel a song or beat. but it hard 2 connect when you live inda burbs. DATS WHY I GO BAK HOME
4 A REFILL!!!

members online