Out of your element?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
How often do you stray away and try to make something completely different from what you're used to?

I think it's extremely important.....I try to do that at least once a week...make a beat I would never think I could do...

Especially those who want to really make some $ with music...

This has been made possible because of Maschine..lmao.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Good topic! I do this alot. I think it's just as important as knowing how to make beats period. I just finished a pop/rock song flip that came out really dope imo. Surprised the ish out of me! It kinda reminds me of Jay-Z's "Forever Young" except mine is 10x doper...lol.

I Still Remember

I like going out on a limb sometimes, especially when I'm working on a tough project. For me it stirs up the creative juices and it breaks up that mind state of doing 100% traditional hip hop only.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I try this on occasion as well. Just sucks when I get producers block. Guess I need more drugs in my life. Just Kidding... Kinda

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I feel where you're coming from, Dac...but I am meaning COMPLETELY OUT of your element....

For example, check my soundcloud and check "technolicious"

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I feel where you're coming from, Dac...but I am meaning COMPLETELY OUT of your element....

For example, check my soundcloud and check "technolicious"

Dayuuum, much respect on that Sucio! Thats dope, I'm really impressed. In general, I'm very open minded when it comes to music... I can get into just about anything other than house, dirty south, and extreme metal. But, no...I don't venture that far away from hip hop when it comes to producing it. I'd rather listen to you guys do your thing and appreciate it that way. hahaha!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I say give it a try... it helps prevent beat block.....at least for me..... I haven't really made a "hip-hop" beat in a while because I just don't have it...but at the same time, I stay productive.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
i don't, but maschine proved to me how ridiculously easy it is to produce electronic music, especially that minimal stuff that's so popular over here. i have no respect left for those guys now that i know how dead cheap that is with a step sequncer.