OT: A+ certification

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

I've been reading about different qualifications on the net for computers, everyone suggests that you start out with the A+ certification.

Do any of you have one or know what it is?

Thanks

Nick

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I got one man but I mean if UR starting out and want to get some kind of cert thats a good one a lot of entry level jobs that deal with any level of computer tech related work might ask for that....I mean if you really like to fix computers and think you know alot its a good test of your knowledge and you can learn more studying for it...

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
BigD,

Where did you get the certification? College? Online? What study materials did you use and how much was the exam?

Thanks

Nick

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I got it awhile back there are books that you can buy with study cd's in them and also online resources....the exam might be about 150 dollars, actually a company that I used to work for paid for it....search for comptia or a+ certification....transcender tests have the prep

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
The A+ is good for entry level, I've been going to school for computers for awhile and studying for the Win2k MCSE recently, but to be honest none of this replaces a college degree in computer information/science or whatever field of study your interested in. If you have the degree and certification you have greater potential. You have to think about all people that have the certifications and what sets you apart from them, I've met a lot of consultants that had mad certs but don't have the troubleshooting skills which is what you really want, and the reason I never really wanted a cert until now was because I felt I didn't need it I know what I know from "actually doing it" not memorizing the questions and answers. But I've come to realize that having a certification can help you out in your career and you can learn a lot.

For independent study you can reserve your spot to take a test with www.prometric.com or www.vue.com

I would suggest setting up your own (computer) lab at home if you don't have one already with some old beat up machines and installing all the software you need to study for. There are mad study guides online for you to practise with. If you need further assistance respond to this post I can email you certification e-books that I have on the major tests, such as A+, CCNA, MCSE, Network +, etc.

members online