oldskool turntables

Holly Scott

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Dear fam,

I have a question regarding a denon DP-2000 quartz direct drive turntable ('77 I think):

I have one with no stylus ( I do have the tone arm ) and I was wondering:

1) Is any stylus compatible with said gear or do I need something specific ?(the empty head of the arm has four little round metal bits inside - as you may have guessed I know fuck all about decks.)

2) what should I expect to pay for said stylus - I'm in Ireland/Spain so any heads in europe that can give me a rough euro guide would be appreciated.

3) I wanna use it mainly for sctatching into tracks - what should I be looking for?

4) In the event that the existing tone arm is defective or whatever, is it possible to repace the entire arm with a new stylus?

5) If so again, is any arm compatible, and what should I expect to pay?

Any recomended models or useful links much appreciated.

Keep up the good work.

Peace

CVPbeatz

ill o.g.
hmm, u said 4 bits, and its round i assume, i think any cartridge (not stylus) is compatible with it. I actually replaced mine, all of it, i got a good deal off of ebay for a shure m447h with the technique headshell. For good deals look on ebay, but u wana scratch, my shure m447h, has a lot of good reviews from people that scratch, but i dont, but i heard orthofones (cant spell it rite) are the best for scratching, ur lookn at 102 us dollars. For new ones.

I meen stylus are just that needle thing, those are cheaper, but id go with a full cartridge.

Holly Scott

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
cheers dude

CVPbeatz said:
hmm, u said 4 bits, and its round i assume, i think any cartridge (not stylus) is compatible with it. I actually replaced mine, all of it, i got a good deal off of ebay for a shure m447h with the technique headshell. For good deals look on ebay, but u wana scratch, my shure m447h, has a lot of good reviews from people that scratch, but i dont, but i heard orthofones (cant spell it rite) are the best for scratching, ur lookn at 102 us dollars. For new ones.

I meen stylus are just that needle thing, those are cheaper, but id go with a full cartridge.

Cheers CVP,

I got a stanton headshell/cartridge. 75 euros. turns out it was a standard lock ring connection to the headshell. all good but for some reason the output is quite low even with amp up full blast. not a major problem for my main purposes as levels can obviously be boosted from cool edit or whatever, but as a retro listening device on its own its a bit dissapointing. cheers anyway!