ok here is a poll BEST PRODUCER of hiphop currently

ToneEsharp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I am going to have to definately say pharell and Chad (neptunes) they got it going on plus there new star trek label is hot that song light your ass on fire by busta is off of dat.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
*clears thrOat befOre IgnItIng thIs fIre*
AHEM

THE NEPTUNES ARENT HIP-HOP PRODUCERS, THEY HAVENT MADE A HIP HOP BEAT SiNCE THEY FiRST CAME iNTo THE GAME, THEY BEEN DoiN ALL THiS POP SHiT LATELY...NoT TO SAY i DONT LiKE THEM, THE oTHER BEAT THEY DiD oN THE BLACK ALBUM WAS HOT (NoT "CHANGE CLoTHES") BUT THEY AINT BEEN MAKiN HIP HoP BEATS AS oF LATE, THEY ARE MAKiNG GoOD MUSiC THoUGH.

EVERYBoDY ALREADY KNoWS iM THiS BiG ALCHEMiST FAN, SoN iS PEAKiNG RiGHT NOW BUT KANYE iS SiTTiN WiT HiS 15 MINUTES oF THE CRoWN NoW...LETS SEE WHAT HE DoES WiTH iT.CiTY.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i gotta go for Big Dan The Automater, pure class, BASSlines, i love the raw production on A better tomorrow, but also i would go with Shadow and RjD2

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I really like this guy name Slice T, but I know I couldn't argue he one of the best. But he's good. The producer that really threads good between hip-hop and I guess Hip-pop is Just Blaze, he's street sounding but commercial at the same time. But like everything esle their is no best when it comes to music, cause personal taste varies for one person to the next. My personal favorite is Mannie Fresh, TIM, and whoever does beats for DRE! The most slept on would be Scott Scorch

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
i, for once, do not categorize producers by who's the best\worst.
there are so many talented people, you know...
some producers are more successful, some are less - but i still respect their art, and so, i do not feel a need to say who's the creme de la creme.

eka

Mad samplist productions
ill o.g.
I'm not saying he's the best, but def. for me the most original and the one I look most up to at this moment is MADLIB.
In my book he is the most innovative producer at the moment.
he try's things no one would ever think of.
most of the time the equipment he uses are just simple things like a boss 202 sampler or something.
I like his style and originality.
but that is just my opinion.
when we talk about oldskool: marley marl, red alert, dr dre in his early day's, etc.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
yeah, and madlibs recordings SOUND like they came from a sp 505 (thats what he uses, not the 202). i just bought the jaylib album and i have the bluenote album he did..... *YAWN* i dont think he innovates at all to be honest....... bland, bland, bland, thats all i can say... but thats just me... i once bought into his hype but it really is just that, hype.

as far as chad and pharrel..... once again guerva jacked me, but BOBBY JAMES was ill if you ask me, that and that "senorita" track from jutin's album were dope to me, and i love alchemist.....

as far as dre, scott storch does a good amount of tracks for him... scott is dope as can be i think....

and now that i have added my two cents, let me say something else:

we have about a milion threads like this already. why are we doing another one?

O

o.Prime

Im going to have to say 9th wonder, dude went from having a page on soundclick for people to check out his beats to producing the track Threat for the Black Album. I would say that his hustle was the strongest this year.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i hate to be mister negative again, because you are right, but his weakest track to date came in the midst of his biggest exposure yet. that doesnt spell greatness to me.

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
neptunes are wack!

i hate their wack beats

best producers are

DJ Premier
Alchemist
Rob the Viking (does beats for swollen members)
Pete Rock
Battlecat
RJD2

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
I still feel that Preemo is the best hip hop producer. His style has pretty much remained the same since the Moment of Truth LP ,but does it really matter ? His sample selection, cuts and arranging / mixing skills are simply perfect ! There's this "emotional feel" in his beats that you won't find anywhere else. That is just my personal opinion ...

ToneEsharp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Craig David got some production skills, i love that beat he did for "what's your flava" that beat is crazy, I like the neptunes cause they keep my head bouncing. The noreaga beat "Nothin" Say it all plus the new Jay-Z Excuse me (Agai) La La La is of the chain, i could go on all day about there beats, but I have to admit there are a lot of other producers out there doing there thing you guys named all the ones in my book but if anyone know any more please post so I can check them out.

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
My list could go on forever but id have to say my favorites are stoupe, muggs, rjd2, rza, alchemist. These guys never cease to amaze me. You guys check out Kill Bill yet. I guess the rza did the music compostion in that movie. Pretty tight. I thought he did a dope job.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
There's a lot hot producers but to be honest production is so trivial nowadays it's like asking who is the best best spades player in the US I know there are bout 20 so called producers on my block alone....LOL just kidding but I mean the whole trade of making beats is about as novel as say...ummmm playing guitar.....who is the best...what's the criteria....Just Blaze or Kanye....super soul sample flippaz.....or canned beat producers....the Neptunes......or keyboard demo beatmaker mannie fresh.......I don't know...

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
^^^ I am gonna have to second BigDMakinTrax's motion here... totally agree here. I do wonder why when talk of greats in production come up I seldom here Ice Cube or Erick Sermon...just two of my many favorites.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
There are a lot of good producers at work now, I like El-P, Blockhead, the producers of Oldominion especially the productions on Onry Ozzborn - Alone, producers that are doing their thing for Lodeck, the producers on MF DOOM's Viktor Vaugh among which king honey soup..
Necro is also a great producer also sometimes he got be stricter on what he uses. The productions on Paris - The Devil Made Me Do It also great work. There is still so much, i got no best, love the difference in creativity.
Also great production on David Bowie's - 1. Outside, great album but non hiphop but couldnt leave it out :)