Ok, Condensor Mic/Pre Amp problem. this should be simle... right?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
o, i just got my mic and a tube pre amp for it. the cable i got has the xlr female on one end and a 1/4 inch pn the other. the guide for the pre amp says that the xlr input is for condensor mics, but i didnt have an xlr input for it, and so i obught an adapter. i plugged it in and... nothing, still. i have a beat up old dynamic mic, and that works just fine, but i would like to get my condensor mic going.

so, my guess at this point is that i need a cable that has xlr plugs on both ends. is that correct..... or am i missing something else entirely? i read the manual.

lol. my bad guys..i just thought about that and went to move it...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
yeah, it needs fantom power... but thats why i got the pre amp, which has 48v of fantom power across both channels. i am just going to get another cable today after work, and hopefully that will do it. if not, i will be back here again tomorrow.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
it's prolly the quarter inch to the xlr... you need xlr - xlr and THEN go 1/4 from the preamp to 1/4 on the condensor to 1/4 to the mixdown. I think. I guess I'd mostly have to see it to see it.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
i got it currently: xlr from the mic with a 1/4 w/an 1/4-to-xlr adapter. i am just going to try to get a new cable and see how that works.

members online