OK another COPYRIGHT question..please help

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
ok everyone, i haven't been here in a minute...but I FINALLY made a demo tape to send to my boy who works out in L.A.

basically what I did was put together 1 minute cuts of about 12 beats i made....so basically 12 1 mins tracks...

i strung them all together on protools...i made 12 tracks and each one has a beat on it..and i strung them together with 1 beat going right into the next, no breaks and no stop inbetween tracks...

my question to you guys is this...how do I go about copyrighting these....i know about the SR form and send the $45 in, but do i send that cd and put it in as 12 tracks or only 1 long 12 min track????

AND, about 3 of those 12 beats have a sample in them....now CAN I copyright all 12 no matter if there is a sample in 3 of them, and as long as someone wants to use a track with no sample, i already have that copyrighted...and if they wanted a track with a sample, i would tell them i have the arrangement copyrighted, and just not the sample cleared yet...

thanks for all your help in advance....i am really confused on what to do here....

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
The more specific you can be when copyrighting them the better.

Its better than just one 12 minute song to break it down into 12, 1 minute songs.
As far as samples I dont know, Id be interested to know the answer to that, I wouldnt attempt to copyright any sample until its cleared because you still wont own the copyright on the sample.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
basically what I did was put together 1 minute cuts of about 12 beats i made....so basically 12 1 mins tracks...

i strung them all together on protools...i made 12 tracks and each one has a beat on it..and i strung them together with 1 beat going right into the next, no breaks and no stop inbetween tracks...

why did u do that lol? hows he gonna shop it if he cant get to track 9 without ff through the entire disc

anyways just mail the same thing u sent him to the copywrite office along with ur $30 bux and ur good

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
TRUE...i will probably break them up into 12 seperate tracks....thanks

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah, I would be careful with try'n to copyright a song with a sample. Basically sample clearly is a hard process if you don't go at it the right way. Even before you think about sample a song you should get permission. You can take the chance at doing the song without consent an then send it to the publishing company-Harry Fox Agency is the best to use. They have a good rep in the business. Here is some site that can explain the process in the States and Abroad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onemusic/legal/samplep01.shtml

www.harryfox.com

http://www.illegal-art.org/audio/liner.html

There are other places just search the internet and you'll find the answer.