Ntm

C

Copenhagen

Only heard 1 song from them. Though French Hip-Hop is nice. I'm still feeling IAM, Triptik amongst others...

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It's amazing how americans don't know about the rest of the world....
Ntm sold tons of cds... They have like 5 or 6 albums... They do hiphop since like '91 or something... They're pretty cool. Check their stuff if you can. It's all in french to. There is a nas track (a remix I think) with ntm, affirmative actions (worldwide remix or something like that)

If you like ntm, you can check the VI my peoples crew. It's the crew of Kool Sheen (one of the 2 members of ntm).

On a related note; a new rza cd is coming out only in europe. It's called "the world according to RZA". It's a collection of collabaration betwen RZA and various europeen artist (of various country and language).

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Tu veux dire 'Nique Ta Mere'?

I remember they got in a lot of trouble for inciting a riot in Marseille many years ago, didn't they have a 'fuck the police' type song?

Take care,

Nick

B

Big La

I heard that Nas went overseas to do a cut with him and they ended up beatin' him down, 'cause he was pulling the 'big American rap star' act. That would be some funny shit.

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
In my country everybody knows NTM but I prefere Fonky Family, they have better lyrics bout their problems with the government, racism and all that. Not so gangsta like...

It's worth to check'em out.

Fonky family are from marseille, NTM... I think from paris. IAM are from marseille too.

Logilo is a good producer, he produced tracks for Le Puzzle and Koma, who are my favourite ones.

My tracks gon be mainly in french because I think you can reach a lot of people who will appreciate the lyrics too... not only the beats (... canada, belguim, france, luxembourg).

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Koma rox. Fabe too. I've heard Fabe lives in quebec city now (where I live) and that he don't rap anymore. What a shame.
"Fabe, Koma, c'est un ou l'autre tu peux pas te trompé!"

capkom

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
YEAH I AIN'T GOT NO IDEA WHO YALL TALKIN ABOUT. MOST PEOPLE I KNOW THAT LISTEN TO HIP HOP IN THE U.S. DON'T KNOW ANYMORE THAN ENGLISH AND SPANISH. SO I JUST DON'T SEE THEM GOIN TO HEAR A FRENCH DUDE FLOW, ITS JUST NOT WHAT WE DO. I CAN SEE THAT OTHER COUNRTIES ARE MORE INTO BEING OPEN AND TRY NEW THINGS, BUT WE HAPPY WITH WHAT WE GOT. I AINT SAYIN NO OTHER COUNTRY CAN FLOW, BUT I COULDN'T FEEL IT IF I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE THEY WERE COMING FROM, EVEN MORE IF I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND THEM. MAYBE YALL COULD HELP ME, WHICH COUNTRY DO YOU THINK HAS THE BEST OVERALL HIP HOP?

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
France. Even if for sometimes now nothing really good have come up there. I heard it's the second biggest hipop place in the world (if you compare record sold). Check for IAM (or any of the member solo project) (they did a song with sunz of man), Doc gyneco (he did a song with rza on the last bobby digital, Fabe, Scred connexion, ntm, IV my people, Fonky family (tho, I don't like them much), Oxmo Puccino (but I guess if you don't even understand some of the words this would be a waste...),

On an undergroung tip there is TTC (on big dada), La caution, L'armée des 12 (TTC+la caution), Klub des loosers, orgasmic le toxicologue

If you're interested in french hiphop from qc, check La structure. Jazzy beats.

HaZwaiOh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
check out shurikn (of iam)´s solo album. the beats on this album just blow me away. i love french rap. (check out Diaspora!)
the story ´bout ntm and nas is that they hooked up to record a track ("affirmative action remix") and nas didn´t show up and they got pissed at him. haha, rumors. i have so many ntm 12 inches and my french teacher at school used to have even more... classics

K

Kourto

Afirmative action is not a remix, is a real song, it had a video clip...

So from france, the best mc, for me is Nakk, and the best group is Les 10, but they're not verry commercial, is hard for find some song from les 10 and Nakk... For good, commercial european, Akh, Shurik'n, Chien de paille...

sorry for my english, i'm not good cause i'm french...

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
being from Paris, I know NTM very well ... if it wasn't for the language barrier they would be known internationally ........
If you see a copy of "Paris sous les bombes " Sony 1995
or " Supreme NTM" Sony 1998.... then get it ... these are timeless classics .... The first time I heard from them was in 1991 ,
they had this stupid song that went like " Screw your mom from they the left , the right and deeply from behind ..." I was in elementery school at that time and I was really impressed ...!
They had 2 classic records (the ones that I mentionned ) and 2 semi-classics (Authentik -1991; J' appuis sur la gachette-1993)
However they disbanded in 1999.
oh by they way the affirmative remix with nas got very bad reviews in France and the group soon started dissin' him on various magazines .........

K

klethusrulez

forget about french rap!! we have groundbreaking spraycan artists,dee jayz,breakdancers and even a few good producerz but this rapp isht is clearly wakk!! 99.9%