Now A Days Everybody Has MPC

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
so is it really necessary, this has been going thru my mind for a few weeks, been thinking about getting one, should I get it if i don't sample much, or is it more into it then just samples. Or should I get a workstation i.e. fantom, triton, korg since i don't sample much anyway? Explain to me, maybe you guys can help me make my decision

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
imo the reason for an mpc has nothing to do with "sampling" ... there are far better software and hardware samplers out there ... its all about the sequencing, workflow, and feel.... like relic said .. u dont even have to be a sampler to use it.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
i luv my mpc1k i take it to work in brooklyn i bought an outlet converter for my Bus that i drive i plug my mpc into it n i make beats while im stuck in traffic lol

Your kidding right?
That was my idea in 94...
Of course they stole sattelite radio from me too lol, long story there..Hope the shit collapses lol.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
Your kidding right?
That was my idea in 94...
Of course they stole sattelite radio from me too lol, long story there..Hope the shit collapses lol.

hahaha cant go wrong wit it relic plus i work the overnight shift anyway lol

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
since everyone from NY is respondin, i guess i will too:

the MPCs are great sequencers.... they are also great samplers... i dont feel they are the best, especially since i use the RS7000... but, the difference for most people are the 16 rubber pads, the sequencer, and the ease of use... how many times have u had a piece of equipment that was just so difficult to learn, that it went to the back burner, collected dust, and you even sold it in the future? an easy learnin curve is a main reason everyone uses it... once u know how to sample, chop, timestretch and midi it to other equipment, ur pretty much good... if i had nothin though, i'd probably get the Fantom X6... but, the RS can do everything the MPC can, so im more than happy.

da relic

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
so is it really necessary, this has been going thru my mind for a few weeks, been thinking about getting one, should I get it if i don't sample much, or is it more into it then just samples. Or should I get a workstation i.e. fantom, triton, korg since i don't sample much anyway? Explain to me, maybe you guys can help me make my decision

It's not what you use it's how you use it. If you're a beast on "reason", use it. If you're a beast on "fruity loops", use it. If you're a beast on the "pots and pans", use it. But to help out a little, just because you don't sample, doesn't mean you can't use the "mp". Like everyone said, the sequencer is tight. There are plenty of features on it other than sampling. It all comes down to what you're comfortable with. Go to your local pro audio shop and mess with a few different modules and see what you like. Make those guys that work there earn their commission by giving you a run down on each peace of equipment, rather than them just saying, "this is a nice keyboard or this is the "mpc", everybody's using it". You're the only one who's really going to know what you're going to be comfortable with...

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
imo the reason for an mpc has nothing to do with "sampling" ... there are far better software and hardware samplers out there ... its all about the sequencing, workflow, and feel.... like relic said .. u dont even have to be a sampler to use it.

And there you have it got dammit.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
mpc is used becasue of its sequncer... if your already confterable with your sequncer i dont see why you would change.. but hands down the mpc sequncer is the best out there thats why its so popular...

na u whilin the best sequencer is the MV-8000 that shyt is so crazy

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
na u whilin the best sequencer is the MV-8000 that shyt is so crazy

First time i've heard that. I heard the mv was one of those things that grow on you. . .

I played with one a WHILE back, years ago. and liked it, but i admit i didnt know what i was doin.. just pressin pads

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I believe that the sequencer is definitely the dopest, but the thing is, I wonder if Jimi Hendrix ever said...."nowadays everyone has a guitar"? the more i do this ish I believe its all in the producers hands as to how dope his production is....however slight the difference in the sequencer....now maybe the diff is making a realistically swinging drum pattern without a loop or tightness, these are the main differences I do see after having 3 mpc's and the MV8000, Reason to me is probably the closest feel with software though.

O

open mind

thanks for mentioning jimi hendrix bigd iam a go and check sum samples of him hehe! :evillaugh

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I believe that the sequencer is definitely the dopest, but the thing is, I wonder if Jimi Hendrix ever said...."nowadays everyone has a guitar"? the more i do this ish I believe its all in the producers hands as to how dope his production is....however slight the difference in the sequencer....now maybe the diff is making a realistically swinging drum pattern without a loop or tightness, these are the main differences I do see after having 3 mpc's and the MV8000, Reason to me is probably the closest feel with software though.

I got an MPC 2000xl........collecting dust in a corner somewhere (lol). Software like Reason in my opinion is and will make MPC's disappear. Other than the fact that u like to beat on pads why do u need it whit a software program like Reason? Reason, Recycle and decent computer, back up external hard drive and sounds that stretch to the heavens....what else do you need? lmao IT DON'T GET NO BETTER!

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
I got an MPC 2000xl........collecting dust in a corner somewhere (lol). Software like Reason in my opinion is and will make MPC's disappear. Other than the fact that u like to beat on pads why do u need it whit a software program like Reason? Reason, Recycle and decent computer, back up external hard drive and sounds that stretch to the heavens....what else do you need? lmao IT DON'T GET NO BETTER!

Well how much you tryin' to let that "MP" go for???

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.

I'm a reason heaad to the fullest, and recent MPC addict.

I'm a self-proclaimed pro in reason.. but iono bout it replacing hardware. . .

members online