November 24-28, 2004 - USA ROUND 2: Classic vs. Stresswon

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat?

• Classic

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Stresswon

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Thursday, November 25th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Classic vs. Stresswon battle in here.

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Had to choose Class for this one; here's why:

Classic: very creative intro, drums matched the sample perfectly and it'd be easy to place a theme to this track

Stresswon: The drums seemed very "out of place" on this one (difficult to catch the beat)
I give you props on the sample accompiniment though
Holla

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Hey guys im doing a a qucik check in from the motherland

I couldent post in the first battle thread becasue it was closed
i just wanted to say much love to theoneandonlyDJ Im not able to hear your beat but from the feeback i bets its dope

worldcity thanks for the props (its not a sample LOL)

May the best beat win in this one

class......

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
class worked it on this joint, i thought stress joint was hot, but there didnt seem to be too much to it in comparison with tuckers beat. props to both still, but class got this one for me.

VAKSEEN

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
oh $HIT! yo u murdered that stress. nice drums. funky ass samples. classics joint was tight.a nice composition but this decision wasnt that hard to me.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
uhhhh stress what happened? you stepped your game up big time... terror squad and nore will be kickin your door down for this track. this one is verry tough.

ill be back to vote on this later.

i love this classic beat too, this isnt much easier after listening thoroughly. i say... i say... damnit i dont know yet!

SuPa'PrOduZa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
>:eek: SOMEONE PASS ME A MARGARITA...THANKYUUUU....

Oh..sorry about that..I was just doin'the mambo here...

OKOK...this is tough. I like the fact that Classic is playing keys [I'm a musician]. BUT..being that I'm LATINO I loved the sample Stress used.

Classic's is probably alittle less exciting than Stress's simply becuz there's more happenin in the sample Stress is using [congas...horns...vocals....etc]. BUTTTTTTT...you might want to tighten up those samples brah...it drove me crazy for a second there. I HOPE you're NOT latino goin against the salsa syncopation like that cuz you might jus'have an angry group of mambo dancers wit pointy shoes at your door ready to kick some 'onbeatness' in ya.. LOL...j/k...no but really doe.. :-\ A bit sloppy.

Just for the 'courage' to even attempt to do something with entire salsa samples and the hypeness that the track 'started' with..I'll go wit Stress on this one. Classic's was very very nice, but this one got me ordering Margaritas from my Rottweiler Pup bartender.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
This was so hard, i like the professional sound of classic's beat, but this vibe and filling i get from stress beat made me pick him. Stress, clean this beat up and shop it to TS, Fast!

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
shit this tough,both are really good and stress especially stepped it up this time, really not sure who to go with on this but i think im gonna have to give it too stress as a hip hop track i think i prefered his altho classics woz very well done i just didnt enjoy it as much ! and imo stress woz a hot beat progressions or not its hip hop and a dope beat is a dope beat in my book, i dnt think anymore woz needed !

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Yeeeeeaaa Stress!! Take this one for Jeruz.

A

ACEBEATZ

Isn't it the same sample as used in Roll Out from Ludacris in Stresswon's beat?

Beat sound tight but as i said many times to Philsiarri (Being a nice already used sample user), it's my opinion though but i hate when same sample is used 2 time in a song. I think it's whack.

So **** THIS BEAT, those mad at me suck my ****...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
ACEBEATZ said:
Isn't it the same sample as used in Roll Out from Ludacris in Stresswon's beat?

Beat sound tight but as i said many times to Philsiarri (Being a nice already used sample user), it's my opinion though but i hate when same sample is used 2 time in a song. I think it's whack.

So **** THIS BEAT, those mad at me suck my ****...

Fuck MY beat? Whatever man. No, this isn't the samne sample because if it was, I wouldnt of used it. Second I respect ya opinion, but dont come out ya face about this. What's up wit Excellence anyway? He's like one of the nicest on here!?! Even it was the same sample,,,I flipped it better.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Congrats Class....

Ya know what? When I saw who entered, there were a few I wouldnt be sour about losing too, you werew one of em. Good job homie. Now win this whole thing so I dont feel so bad tomorrow..lol. One love Class!

****Fuckin Class beats me and he aint even home. DAM,,LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.