Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Listen to this battle here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

Voting will begin at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating!

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat. Do not vote for the best BATTLE beat. You must vote for the BEST beat.

You can also discuss the Ash Holmz vs. 5th Sequence battle in here.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Damn Ash!! that shit is so ill lol. From the get go, yours has that in your face headnod status. My shit takes a listen through the whole thing to appreciate everything in it.

Shit is dope bro, much props and respect either way this goes.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Ash nice beat, remindful to me of a 90's loop dancer beat it was hot not a lot of switch ups though but it did the job....5th I like your joint too though I see what you were aiming at with that offbeat thing like maybe Kev Brown style to an extent or Pete Rock....study it some more you need that bassline up and thumping or replay it, maybe I would have liked it better than Ash...I went with Ash Holmz on this one dude.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I like this whole BattleThat in the aspect of all the really good music that we dont normally get to hear from you guys. I mean I know your doin it but beyond an occainsional showcase entry we dont get to here this stuff.
Good job all!

I think my only probs with these 2 tracks are that Ash's is a little repetitive.
5th's is I know supposed to be off beat but it seems like it could be slightly tighter.

May have to flip a coin here. :D

S

Svenghali

I liked both. This one's hard. This shit is like a playoff game, both contestants are neck in neck and it's gonna come down to the lil' details. Sonically, I like Ash's beat but the flipside is there isn't alot of movement goin' and being that I'm alot more cerebral in my taste in beats, I have to give 5th the nod. Nice work to all.

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
ash;s beat is dope but i gotta go wit 5th on this one im really feeling dudeds style fa sho. ashs beat however wit lyrics might bea a BANGER but as an instro 5th got it good battle

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
wow, this is a tuff one for real...I have to go with Ash. Both beats were hot. 5th is always a beats, but for some reason, i'm leanin towards Ash. The sanres were botherin me on 5th's for some reason,,,the drum change ups were very ill tho...good job to both yall.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Ash,'s got that one to me... His beat is just grimmy... (I don't know if that's a good thing, but...) I'd hear 50 on that beat...

lol

P

peripheral

5th...nice work on this joint! I appreciate the drums and the mellow transition throughtout the track. However, I like the raw hip hop feel of Ash's track...it hits you hard from the start and is a throwback beat in my opinion..it 's the kinda track u here and u wanna just free style to. It was a bit repetive but that is a very important element in good hip hop if used properly. Anyway..I gave my nod to 5th on this one...it was a bit more creative and involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.