Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Listen to this battle here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

Voting will begin at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating!

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat. Do not vote for the best BATTLE beat. You must vote for the BEST beat.

You can also discuss the MercuryWaters vs. 5th Sequence battle in here.

S

szpak

ill beat

both beats are fresh, but this one goes to 5th....tight beat!

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
I got Merc on this more uptempo and more changes... not so repeative... Close call tho... good on 5th...

Honestly... this is a battle.. and alot of these smooth beats wouldn't work in a real LIVE comp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwuKH_KeMFs

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
Alright, nevermind me saying Young Qyu and Ashs' battle was hardest to judge. They're ALL hard! Everyone has their own style up in here so it's hard to compare. I almost don't want to vote cause I like Mercury Water's for the the MAD creativity, but I think 5th's beat is a banging hip hop beat! I could here that track on a Common album. I'm going to have to give it to Merc. Listening to Bjork, Chemical Bros., and old school 70's breakbeats, that track just seems to bring so many styles together to me.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Mercury Waters my maaaan. shit is fresh bro!! I dig it a lot, this is a great battle lol.

Your track has hella presence, sounds big and loud and ugh.. perfect lol. I need to study up on gettin my shit to sound that clean.
Freakwncy, yeah they are smooth beats and may not go over well in a live beat battle but these are judged on best overall. I dunno, i jus think it's kinda limiting if everyone where to focus on straight battle type beats for the comp.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
5th came on a boom bap tip... loved it... DAAAAAMN that's hard...

S

Svenghali

5th very JDill-ish. I'm feelin' that bro. It's got a real nice vibe. 5th gets the nod.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Mercury Waters, peace and blessings man. That was a very close battle. Your style is very sick bro, and i was even more impressed by the quality, presence and clarity. hats off to you maing.

And thanks harlem, you told me lol.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
wow... this one was epic .. so close.....i voted for 5th but merc the mixes on both ur tracks are amazing .. u gotta let me in on ur techniques to get that mix jumping the way it does.. them drumz are pokin right thru the track... it sounds like u recorded it to tape ? it sounds loud and full but not squashed at all... pretty sikk

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online