Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Listen to this battle here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

Voting will begin at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating!

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat. Do not vote for the best BATTLE beat. You must vote for the BEST beat.

You can also discuss the Stresswon vs. Young Qyu battle in here.

dreddedblaze

ill o.g.
If it's ok for me to vote then I guess I will...

Stresswon- Cool sample used, but at times it was a little too soft. I think if you did some audio editing to the sample on the softer parts, then it would've made the track sound more complete, rather than just a sample, drums, and a cool vocal line (the whole "Bitch, get off my dick!" part). The structure was a TAD bland, and I felt like it could've used better mixing and more composition. Overall, this isn't too shabby, just need to fix the audio samples volume on the softer parts, and consider maybe adding a brass/woodwind ensemble to kind of complete the track.

Young Qyu- Intro kind of threw me, reminded me of one of the default songs of FL LOL. OK, I take it the chorus is first? I enjoy the melody, and the drums chosen were pretty on point for me. I would've chosen a different sound besides that Jamaican steel drum sounding thing, but it's definitely tolerable. Verse, I really dig the bass line, and the pizzicato strings were very nice, I also dig the string ensemble part before the chorus hits. I think the only thing really missing with this beat is something to make the listener feel more involved. Like, it's fun to listen to as another producer, but I think if an emcee were to come across it, they would feel it's too chill. Mixing wise, I think the bass part of the EQ should be turned down a tad, theres a little too much of it, and it drowns out the strings.

Ok, with all that said, my vote goes to YOUNG QYU just for the composition aspect he put into the beat. Though both of your guys mixing was just a tad too loud bass wise, I feel that Qyu put a little more thought into his beat, and focused on melodies that mesh. Good beats!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
STRESSSS MY DUDE U GOT ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBBEDDDDDDDDDd...damn son now u knoe how the industry is congrats to the winner anyway...stress it aint nothin my man

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
That beat you made was a banger Young Qyu, what a way to introduce yourself as a new member! I really dig electronic/hip hop mash ups cause I listen to Orbital, Chemical Bros., etc., and the beat sounded great w/ the oscillation and synths sounds going on.

Stress, I thought the classical hip hop was creative/original. The drum pattern was on point and had my head noddin.

Status
Not open for further replies.