November 19-22, 2008 - ROUND 2: Scandal vs. Icemanbeats vs. Gballin123

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the BEST beat?

• Scandal

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Icemanbeats

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Gballin123

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Listen to this battle here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

Voting will begin at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating!

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat. Do not vote for the best BATTLE beat. You must vote for the BEST beat.

You can also discuss the Scandal vs. Icemanbeats vs. Gballin123 battle in here.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
With this round, the top 2 will advance to the 3rd round. In other words, only 1 out of 3 will not advance. But you can only vote for 1 person.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Nice flip Ice but I personally couldn't get into this one. I thought you were setting us up for a monster with just this as an intro. I had to go with Scandal.

Gballin, I actually liked the track. I rep the south so "u know what it iz", BUT... there's is no way in hell a dirty south beat will ever win one of these....IT IS WHAT IT IS. You get upteen courage points from me for at least having the balls to place one in the contest....lmao

Nice flip Ice but I personally couldn't get into this one. I thought you were setting us up for a monster with just this as an intro. I had to go with Scandal.

Gballin, I actually liked the track. I rep the south so "u know what it iz", BUT... there's is no way in hell a dirty south beat will ever win one of these....IT IS WHAT IT IS. You get upteen courage points from me for at least having the balls to place one in the contest....lmao

lol, ldb knows how we do, lol

Scandal. Im really not a great fan of vocal samples, but this is dope. I get the feeling we could have a battle that winner right here. Great showing in both rounds so far. This beat is album material.

Iceman. This is a dope flip, but it doesnt sound as polished as Scandals track. It seems slighty too loud in the high freq range and lacking in the low end. Needs a little more work on the mix IMO.

GBallin. This is a cool beat, but I feel it could also use a little work in the mixing department. I like the synth that comes in later with the piano, nice touch.

I think Scandal took this one, another polished track, good shit.

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
iceman got my vote.. gotta say that while scandal has a great beat there, ice got his shit flipped like a hot track and it holds the potential to be just that with the right voice.
(can't hear the mixin on it all that great on this laptop, so no comment on the mix)

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Wish I had time to write in depth reviews, i've only got 20 minutes till a recording session though!

real quick I got

1. scandal - a very cohesive piece, all of the transitions flowed well
2. iceman
3. Gballin123

i was gonna try and write some stuff i've gotta bounce though.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Scandal- This is a solid beat right here

Iceman- I like this one better had more of a battle feel to it. Only slightly partial that its my tags on it lol. I like the singin in the middle, interesting flips.

gballin-Whoa!! This is tight fasho!! you need to participate more in the forums!! This is a sick ass beat!At 1:23/4 I would have loved to hear some sped up hh's goin on that would be a wrap!

I dont know, this is the real battle right here. I had to listen to these a few times.
MAN..LOL..
To me this is between Ice and gballin , but Scandal is not to be slept on.
Its like this, I'd vote for Gballin honestly but between Scandal and Ice (for whom I have both done tags heheh) Im gonna have to go with Ice, and since at the moment he looks like he needs the vote and gballin isnt gonna get it even if I do vote for him I gotta go with Ice for the compisition skillz.

gballin123

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Thanks for all the love. I guess I have to actually be on here longer to even have a chance. Scandal that was a dope track man as well as Iceman

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
gballin did it.. u should of had better arangement though. u cudda won with it even though its south if you had a better arangment. the choped n screwed vocals hurt u meng. this from n x battle that winner......

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I was feelin scandal outta the three, with G ballin coming in second...
If you advance Ice, you better bring out the Gunz!!!!

Scandal, that was a head nodder at it's finest, and G I like the style, just work on the composition...

overall good stuff guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.