November 19-22, 2008 - ROUND 2: Mathias Vee vs. Cell2Dee vs. Bart5

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the BEST beat?

• Mathias Vee

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Cell2Dee

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Bart5

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Listen to this battle here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

Voting will begin at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating!

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat. Do not vote for the best BATTLE beat. You must vote for the BEST beat.

You can also discuss the Mathias Vee vs. Cell2Dee vs. Bart5 battle in here.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
With this round, the top 2 will advance to the 3rd round. In other words, only 1 out of 3 will not advance. But you can only vote for 1 person.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Bart.....just wasn't feeling it.

Cell...kind of gangster....might just be me but sounds like you hit a wrong note a few times on the bass. I personally would have choose a deeper bass as well. For you to be so called "new to beat making" in some instances I can't tell. I guess you're just a fast learner!

Mathias got my vote.....if you advance Mathias step it up, this one was luke warm imo, you gotta get some change ups going.

Mathias. I like this track, I like the drumpattern and the choral sample. Nothing really outstanding tho.

Cell2Dee. This is a pretty laid back track, I like the changeups and the way you repeat parts of the sample. But like Mathias' track nothing really stands out reminds me a bit of Saturday Night Fever.

Bart5. I like the drums on this but with the other elements it seems a bit like too much going on. It becomes a bit hard to keep listening to after a short while.

Im going to give this round to Mathias, a more rounded off beat IMO.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
mathias vee u sly devil you that shit wuz dope

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sweet sounds there mathias. like drama says though, gotta get a few more change ups to it before it'll have that full swing to it

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Come With It 2morrow Mathias....that "loop De Loop" Won't Cut It Against Scandal!

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
right now I feel ashamed of myself for letting this happen... I should have uploaded my beats up in time....

THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE BRINGING FOR A BATTLE????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that sucks man.

dont have time for indepth reviews i've gotta session in 20 minutes to prepare for. completely forgot the battle was going on.

Real quick though

1. Mathias
2. Bart5
3. Cell 2 Dee

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
right now I feel ashamed of myself for letting this happen... I should have uploaded my beats up in time....

THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE BRINGING FOR A BATTLE????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some say its really not a battle! Not in the dictionary meaning they say.....lmao

Anyway...shut ya face Spanish! U need an as whoopin for not being in this.....I was looking forward to you taking it down. I had all my food stamps on you sumbastid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Lol. I wasn't prepared so I threw up something I made a couple weeks ago. If I progress I got something which I think is nice.

you ain't going forward son...uh uh....look at the score...better luck next year!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Bart5- Nice mellow beat. Zoned out to it. Not a battle beat imo

cell2dee-I like your gtr and keys in this, another good mellow beat. Its gotta good gangsta sound to it. Not a battle beat imo.

Mathias- MUCH better than last time I think, I like your chops and I like the way it drops, this shit is stankin hot! Better breaks. ya very good.

No contest here its Mathias.

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
Yo, nice beats Marthias and Cell2. Kinda surprised no one was really feeling my beat though. My style right now is probably a little too mellow for a beat battle. But I'll definitely be back next year with some dope stuff.

Good luck to the rest of the contestants!

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
yeah you are right, it is the first two. So you better bring it next round!!!!

I had to give this one to Mathias as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.