November 19-22, 2008 - ROUND 1: Vice vs. Mathias Vee

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the BEST beat?

• Vice

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Mathias Vee

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Listen to this battle here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

Voting will begin at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating!

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat. Do not vote for the best BATTLE beat. You must vote for the BEST beat.

You can also discuss the Vice vs. Mathias Vee battle in here.

Vice. This is a great story telling beat, nice composition with the added synth.

Mathias. This is an attention grabber, hard hitting beat. A little simplistic in that its pretty much a loop, but the gunshot/beat dropout is a nice touch.

I have to give this one to Mathias but both beats have their positives. Sorry Vice, no hard feelings?
ps who the fuck is Mathias anyway?
Anyway good luck to both of you.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Last I knew Vice had some problems with his pc and wasnt able to mixdown what he wanted to drop.
Vice- Its a cool beat without a doubt.Not a battle beat imo but hot none the less.

MAthias-Interesting flip of "Cold as Ice". Not much more than a loop though.

Actually Im gonna have to go with vice on originality and composition here.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Mathias came out swinging! Gun shot dropout "priceless". Vice a bit to mellow, would have worked up against a mellow beat probably. I didn't like that bassline though. Sound out of key and muddied things up a bit. Probably should have cut lows on it back a bit. I know you said you couldn't mix your songs down though....at least you showed up for the fight. Even though you brought a butter knief...lmao....I had to get that joke in homie "RESPECT"!

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
LMAO>..... I knew this beat wasn't going to hold up in a battle beat.. It's all good though!! And yes my pc is jacked up, at the moment I can't mix ANY new material down without it shutting down. I think it's actually the processor, but haven't had time to check it all out.....
A butter knife! Awwwww man Drama, that's jacked up..lol.

I thought the same thing when i heard of Mathias, then I checked his Myspace... dude is pretty good. I knew he would be using this beat though, it was posted up on there.

all in all,
Good Job Mathias!!

M

Mathias Vee

Hey everybody, This is my first beat battle on this site and so far it has been great.

To Relic, Its not Cold as ice i used, its from a old bon jovi song.

To Vice, Dope ass beat mayn, And as we say in denmark "Ornlig syg beat der" :)

Thanks for the votes
Mathias

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
Mathias destroyed it..... Vice you gotta come stronger man. Your beat was too mellow for a beat battle. Just a little word of advice

"Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat. Do not vote for the best BATTLE beat. You must vote for the BEST beat."

That said, I do think Marthias did have the better beat overall.

Vice I did like this joint though, nice stuff!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Well damn! Is this not a "Battle That" comp....maybe we need a name change here. I'm sure people are smart enough to cast there vote for which they think is the best beat. I don't think it's wise to go telling people how they should and shouldn't be casting there vote at this stage of the game.

If somebody drops a smooth beat I'm sure that's not the reason they don't get the vote. In a battle it has to be the one that moves you the most. If the smooth beat is put together better and moves me the most I won't hesitate to cast my vote for them. I'm really not understanding the problem here...who's complaining?

Maybe I just don't understand the word BATTLE!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Just stop complaining and making a thing out of this. Enjoy the battle and have fun. There's no conspiracy and we're not telling people what to do, etc. Move on.

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
Well damn! Is this not a "Battle That" comp....maybe we need a name change here. I'm sure people are smart enough to cast there vote for which they think is the best beat. I don't think it's wise to go telling people how they should and shouldn't be casting there vote at this stage of the game.

If somebody drops a smooth beat I'm sure that's not the reason they don't get the vote. In a battle it has to be the one that moves you the most. If the smooth beat is put together better and moves me the most I won't hesitate to cast my vote for them. I'm really not understanding the problem here...who's complaining?

Maybe I just don't understand the word BATTLE!

hahaha I know what you're saying bro. But I think its not just about entering battle beats in Battle That comps, its about whose beat is better. The only reason why I did quote that is because I don't want to get knocked for entering a smooth beat, JUST because its a smooth beat. But its whatever, I know that if a great smooth beat went up against a great battle beat, the battle beat would probably win. Its like fade said though, lets just enjoy this.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
im going with vice. mad creativity here, those strings match perfectly and finding a synth to fit those samples was good work. i would have voted for matthias if he had given the drums more work. the snare sounded a bit arbitrary to me. ill sample tho

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
Thanks to everyone that dropped me a vote!.lol. I was expecting to get blown away to be honest. I knew what I was up against when i heard the beat before the battle.....

Congrats Mathias and you better take home the title now!, that way I can at least say I lost to the guy who took home the title..lol.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
yeah I was feeling Vice beat better...it was a more solidfied beat composition wise where the other joint just sounded like a loop. listening to Mathias Vee beat would get boring over time. when people think battle they always go with the hard shit...even if its a minimal beat. cats never take in consideration the technical work some cats put in there track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online