Interviews North Carolina's Breeze Breaking Through With ARE & Warner Bros

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
breeze.jpg

Breeze was born February 1986, and is the father of two children. Ever since the age of 11 he has been DJing, writing, and engineering music. At the age of 16 he was signed to R.I.P. LLC (Rough Intelligent Productions). Under the guidance of Relic, the CEO of R.I.P., he learned a lot about the business and music as a whole.

At the age of 20 he linked with the Owner/CEO of the Carolina Promoter Duncan Hines who in turn taught him the ins and outs of the music business. Breeze shortly after started his own studio and went on to pursue his dreams.

Due to his mother's sudden illness and legal problems Breeze took a long break from the music scene. In March of 2012 he was approached by a long time friend and V.P. of Another Realm Entertainment and was introduced to Queen B the CEO. He ended up signing in June, is still with them currently and is about to release his album "Therapy Session" in 2013. Breeze took some time out to tell us more about himself.

breeze2.jpg

What's up man? Tell everyone where you are located.

I reside in Charlotte, North Carolina but you can find me wherever the money and my talent is requested.

Where are you from originally?

I was born and raised on the West Side of Charlotte, North Carolina.

When did you start making music?

I would say that I started making or should I say just writing music around the age of 11. I started off by writing poems over top of established artist's beats just to express my mind and troubles at that point.

How would you describe your style?

If I had to describe my style it would be street lyrical with real life situations, because I cannot rhyme about things I know nothing about.

Who was your inspiration?

My inspiration when it came to music was and always will be the greats of my time such as Tupac Shakur, Biggie Smalls, LL Cool J, Wu Tang Clan, Nas, Big L, etc but nowadays my inspiration is both of my kids.

Were your parents against it?

I wouldn't say they were against it, they just didn't understand it and thought it was just a hobby. When I told them I wanted to do it for a living, my father was like you need to focus on school, that's no way to make a living, etc. You know the famous father-to-son speech.

Your first song ever dropped?

To be completely honest I cannot remember the first song I ever recorded but if I had to say, it would be a remix I did to Tupac's "Me Against The World", or Mobb Deep's "Quiet Storm". One or the other.

Did someone have to push you to make music?

No, I always pushed myself to make music. I was alone doing it before I knew of any of my friends doing it, so I'd say I inspired some of them to do so versus them forcing me to make music.

Do you still have the same passion?

I would say I have the same passion but a lot more stronger because now it's not just about the love for me, it's also the money and I don't agree that these artists out here getting paid, deserve it for their music. But again that's just me.

Have you grown as an artist?

Yea I've grown as a artist. When I first started I was just writing, I moved on to DJing then making beats, now I engineer and record and know a lot about the real business behind it, therefore I do feel that I have grown.

How many songs have you completed?

When it comes to completed songs, I have completed too many songs to name. I have done probably over 300-400 songs ever since I have been doing music. But as far as pushing, I've probably got like 20 songs right now that we're about to start pushing and one is the single "Throwed Off" that is currently getting spins all over, including Carolina Cuts.

breeze3.jpg

Do you think artists are making quality albums or are they focusing on singles and ringtones?

I do feel that some artists are out here putting out great albums, but at the same time the artists are focusing on selling just singles and ringtones because that's what the majority of the fans are buying nowadays - if they are buying anything at all so to speak.

What is your favorite album?

I have a lot of albums that I truly love but to be honest it has to go down to only two - that is Tupac's "All Eyez On Me" and Nas' "I Am".

What is your favorite song?

Tupac "Me And My Girlfriend" is my all-time favorite song hands down.

Have you won any awards?

No, sad to say, I have not. But I know the time will come when I am nominated and I'm sure I will walk away with a few and that's just me being confident.

Do you like to do collaborations?

Yea I love to do collabs, it expands your horizon to different avenues and a different thought process that you're not normally in, so I love to do so whenever able.

Who would you like to work with?

I love the people I work with now but I definitely would love to go back and work with some of the greats that inspired me such as Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem, TI, etc.

Do you consider yourself mainstream?

Well to be honest and I'm a let IllMuzik.com know first, I do not consider myself local anymore and haven't in a long time. I've been doing shows across the southeast a long time now. But I just recently signed a distribution deal with Warner Brothers Music Group as a solo artist. So now it is Breeze from Another Realm Entertainment/Warner Bros Music Group. So I'll let the fans decide.

What is your favorite Music Magazine?

Facebook LOL. I'd have to say XXL.

Do you think you will ever retire?

Retire... Music is a lifestyle, not a job so I would never retire but slow down and enjoy life eventually. I'm sure I will.

Does going platinum matter to you?

Of course it does, that means more money to me and my labels, so hell yea it does. But again I do it for the love of the music not just the money.

How do you feel about bootlegging?

Let's line 'em all up and open fire. It'll be good for musicians everywhere.

Are you the best at what you do in your opinion?

I always give my best hands down and with what I hear I'd have to say yea I do feel I am the best at what I do, but again that's my opinion.

What do you like to do when you're not recording?

I love to spend time with the family. My daughters, girl, mama, etc, that's my down time.

What kind of feedback do you get from fans when you perform?

I get a lot of great and positive feedback when I perform, I'm always asked when is the next time I'm performing, where can they find/buy the music and all the great stuff that makes you keep doing it.

In terms of the future, will you be hitting the road anytime soon?

Actually, since I just inked this deal with Warner Bros we're setting up a tour as we speak with all the dates to be determined.

Is there a dream tour collaboration that you have?

To be honest I move one step at a time so this is to be the first real "tour" I'm doing. This is my dream tour as of now and it's also including Harlem Cruz, Papa Drama, and my sis Honey Dip.

Do you have any shout outs?

Yes, there are. To my CEO/Manager Queen B, Warner Bros Music Group, Harlem Cruz, Leomenza, Krucial, Relic, my whole entire family, the whole Another Realm Entertainment, and anyone who ever doubted me - I love y'all.