Next Mpc?

macthedoulos

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
what do you think the next mpc will be? what will they call it? what features would it have/not have? just curious seeing that akai keeps coming with new stuff in the mpc range as time passes and as technological advances are made in the music arena.

funny guesses:
-between the size of the 1000 and the 2000
-8 pad banks
-easy switch frames for color/style customizations
-2 usb ports, fire wire, and scsi
-large multi-angle lcd screen like the 4000
-32 MB ram expandable to 700 MB
-optional 10 outs (1/4 in)
-2 heaphone jacks (1/4, 1/8)
-2 midi ins, 4 midi outs
-onboard effects
-internal IDE hard drive (varying sizes)
-internal zip (250)
-internal cd-rw drive

i'll stop there. i think i startedd to build my own fantasy mpc. i'll call it the mpc 1525.5!!!

orpheus

Cook Classics
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 39
yo i really don't think all that can fit in anything even close to the size of the 1000. just adding a cd burner and internal zip will make it much bigger already, not to mention all the other shit you said. they could definately put that machine together right now if they wanted too, but unless there's some serious resizing of all those parts, that machine probably wouldn't be too practical. sounds ill tho

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
hehehe, true...wishfull thinking....

But ... what about ;

1.Multichannle digital I/O through Firewire, highest streams possible, a 192kHz a track and about 32ch.
2.^^^^ Also means optional 32 chnl HD recorder with a analogue->Firwire cv. (16 chnl modules, lightpipe structure).
3.DSP powered dynamics and FX.
4.A single Risk Processor, lets say a 750mHz.
5.A d-pad controller/ or joystick
6.A touchpad interface for menu interfacing by mouse.
7.Fold out tftscreen.
8.16 smaller pads and now assignments in logical order.
9.No disks at all, just Firewire and SCSI.
10.Internal 200Gb disk ( 4% system/buffer preserved ).
11.Ted fletcher pro input for mic/guitar, maybe 2.
12.Shuttle also functions as scratchpad, cool!!!
13.No presets!!!
14.No faders, more knobs.
15.Screens alike multitasking and stay active until closed.
16.Rubber enclosure covering topplate and burying the buttons.
17.Battery support... ( that's really wishfull thinking )
18.12v. support isnt hehe.
19.A solar panel as alternative psu ( still not serious ).
20.A crt connection
21.A pro carrybag/case with external 14" screen mounted on top panel inside and accu (12v.)
22.Embedded GameBoy Advanced to go with Dpad and drumpads (ABXY x 4)
23.Ehm, switching multiple orders and direction of filters ( parallell and/or/xor serial )
24.Drop them prices on flash memory goddammit!
25.Akai keeps supporting and developing the OS, mpsc2kxl sticks with 1.14 and it could be better.
26.PC/MAC GUI for desktop interfacing and realtime program manager/library/editor

ill o.g.
I hope on there next MPC,
they stick with somethin that dont rely on a computer. I know the 1K dont RELY on a comp, but i think people get MPC's so they can use hardware. Not software.

I think the memory card was a good idea for the 1K. I just really like having more then 1 or 2 things to save on. Like floppys or zips. I know its a pain to remove and all that, but i think id lose my card real easily. And there too expensive. You can buy a box of zips off ebay for like $20.

macthedoulos

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
Formant024 said:
hehehe, true...wishfull thinking....

But ... what about ;

1.Multichannle digital I/O through Firewire, highest streams possible, a 192kHz a track and about 32ch.
2.^^^^ Also means optional 32 chnl HD recorder with a analogue->Firwire cv. (16 chnl modules, lightpipe structure).
3.DSP powered dynamics and FX.
4.A single Risk Processor, lets say a 750mHz.
5.A d-pad controller/ or joystick
6.A touchpad interface for menu interfacing by mouse.
7.Fold out tftscreen.
8.16 smaller pads and now assignments in logical order.
9.No disks at all, just Firewire and SCSI.
10.Internal 200Gb disk ( 4% system/buffer preserved ).
11.Ted fletcher pro input for mic/guitar, maybe 2.
12.Shuttle also functions as scratchpad, cool!!!
13.No presets!!!
14.No faders, more knobs.
15.Screens alike multitasking and stay active until closed.
16.Rubber enclosure covering topplate and burying the buttons.
17.Battery support... ( that's really wishfull thinking )
18.12v. support isnt hehe.
19.A solar panel as alternative psu ( still not serious ).
20.A crt connection
21.A pro carrybag/case with external 14" screen mounted on top panel inside and accu (12v.)
22.Embedded GameBoy Advanced to go with Dpad and drumpads (ABXY x 4)
23.Ehm, switching multiple orders and direction of filters ( parallell and/or/xor serial )
24.Drop them prices on flash memory goddammit!
25.Akai keeps supporting and developing the OS, mpsc2kxl sticks with 1.14 and it could be better.
26.PC/MAC GUI for desktop interfacing and realtime program manager/library/editor

you got me drooling too!!!!!!!!

T

The Bastard

i dont think they are gunna add whut the 100 is laggin to another mpc 100,the reason the made the 1000 is so u CAN use it with a computer ,take off a few features that u can get done wit yur pc, save yourself a few bucks

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
The 1000 is the budget mpc, there not much more squeezing out of that, besides, with a console that small there's no need to tilt the screen unless you're a midget, no offense to the midgets amongst us though.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I would have loved if my 1k had 8 outs like the 2k instead of 4. I would defintly be mad if they come out with another 1k with 8 outs :)

"The OZ"

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think the next one might be 1000XL. As far as the use of software it would be best if the mpc can be used with software and as a stand alone station too. U wanna get the best of both worlds. It would be ill if they make mpc 1000 with cd burner mastering and mixing presets so u can do all your tracking and sequencing in it. that would be hot.