newbie turntable question

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I would like to use some scratching in my production. I've tried scratch sampling and such but it's not like the real thing. So I'm thinking about getting a numark ttx and a not too bad vestax mixer. Please don't whine about technics being better, I know that but I have limited amount of money to spend and I prefer getting a good turntable and a good mixer than having an excellent turntable and a weak mixer or even no mixer...

My question is this, what cartridge should I get? Is any cartridge would work on my table? I'm thinking about some shure cartridge, is that good?

changalang

i make beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 39
for simple scratching shure m25c is really cheap and it last a few months, but the sound isnt really great but its good. if ur really into heavy scratching i wud invest on the M44-7 because they never skip and they last a long ass time and the sound quality is the best

eka

Mad samplist productions
ill o.g.
I've got the stanton craze needle and it is a nice needle, very clear and not to expencive.
or the stanton 500-II

Attachments

• sta500al2.jpg
    sta500al2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 170
ill o.g.
The 500II's are okay, but not for scratching. They're not made for scratching and the needle breaks after a while (no lie).

The craze (520SK) is hot. That's my favorite for the price, but if you want one that will last you about as long as you want it to, get the Shure M44-7.

members online