Newbie Blues

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
I've been looking for a home and people to relate to, I know this forum is suppose to be a community: maybe it's not for me is what I'm starting to think. I haven't really clicked wit nobody yet on a intellectual level, never the less this is the norm for me where ever I go, always misunderstood for some reason, except to those who listen close and count every word. Aside from the Administration, nobody seem to have any consistant thing going on. A few Tech support questions, whatever.

Has anyone applied for the writer job here @illmuzik?

If you haven't heard this one before, this is a easy one for anyone who's bored.

What did Santa Claus say to the Prostitute?

Later folks

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
Yea man i applied for the writers job, but Fade is away so no apps are being taken atm.....Persevere my friend, wait till the showcase opens again, review some cats tracks, that is where you the respect, being arsed to help others, all crit is taken in good faith and the understanding that the beatsmiths arent ripping you, they are trying to help, and no one gets mad from what i see, and everyone really, respects others opinions, and i guarantee that Wings will say words to a similar effect (i know you will reply to this wings, your a nice guy), so chin up foo, and lets get creative....

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Kevin :headscrat , i think you're trying too hard mate. let time do its magic!
you have just joined, and you expect to click with people?! :gosh: it takes time buddy! :scared:

Cheers,
Wings

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i appologise for that awful grammar! How long is that second sentence! The whole bloody post basically...

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
HAHAHA, i f*cking knew it, Wings you are too bloody nice!! :D Right on brother, nuff respect....

ill o.g.
hAzE 47:

1. "and i guarantee that Wings will say words to a similar effect (i know you will reply to this wings, your a nice guy)" - MANY THANKS!

2. hAzE 47, word!

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
You know it mate, always dependable, and a shoulder to rest on...Always online, always willing to help, and imformative links, as well as good beats....

Now im being sad not being down the pub, but i cant find my bankcard! , why arent you out wings my man? hmmmmm, tell me that son!

ill o.g.
Thank you very much

hAzE 47:

1. "You know it mate, always dependable, and a shoulder to rest on...Always online, always willing to help, and imformative links, as well as good beats...." - thanks!
"Always online" - it won't be this way much longer though...

2. "why arent you out wings my man? hmmmmm, tell me that son!" - i don't go out that much. i prefer to spend calm nights at home; listening to music, producing beats or just reading a good novel...

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
Nice, that give me a valuble insight into your production style, it seems to fit your personality :) Novels, i love em as well, what type do you read? Any recommendations, i need to start reading again, i have blitzed all my books....

ill o.g.
"i have blitzed all my books" :laugh:
i'd recommend two books:

1. Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0380789019/002-2745176-7159226?v=glance).
(http://www.greenmanreview.com/neverwhere.html)
this is the best book i've read this year. no doubt! i'm in love with the concept of "london beneath".
2. Stephen King - Insomnia.
(http://www.stephenkingshop.com/books/king/books/Insomnia1994.htm)
this is the best book i read last year :D
Insomnia is stephen king's best novel, in my humble opinion. it's unbelievable!!!

Cheers,
Wings

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
hey don't take it personal kevin. everyone here is cool and pretty laidback for the most part. you just came in with alot to say that people around here don't agree with. just take into consideration that everyone feels that their music is meaningful to them, no matter how they make it. just give it time kev. nobody liked any of the the first stuff i put up in th showcase. once i grew on them, they understood how and why i do my music the way i do. just slow down a little

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
hey kevin man jus chill, dnt think its u against da world man, we here are all a community and gota work together. and trus me man we heard ya on da intro, i was feelin wat u sayin but u c, u shudnt put down others peoples' methods of makin beatz. jus cuz dey sample dnt mean dey less talented or use less effort. neway bck to da topic, hey man stick around, dis is da best internet producer environment. if u went to ughh forums wit dat intro, am sure the reactions would hav been completely different!

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
yeah, be glad, cause i havent been here too long and right away i noticed almost everyone is open for discussion about music and it's never something personal.. we respect each other and teach each other.. so we can improve ourself and our music by sharing the knowledge tips and insights..

ToneEsharp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah Kev just chill i only been with these guys a lil bit and I feel a good vibe and learn a lot this definately a community here so stick around talk to people have fun, learn something, and just be yourself there are plenty of cats on here so you will find some to click with. so cool out and you will be straight

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
You know want's really funny, I've been trying to respond to this thread for the last 2 days and everytime, something had happen to stop my from posting. The computer shutdown, internet log off, always something. I figured maybe ya'll be sensitive some more if I said it. In anycase I've found some excitment on the site today actually, a battle that will be in the showcase. I had some stuff to say to you guys but nevermind. It's never been that bad, just not exciting as I thought it would be.
Later

members online