New to MPC - Question

SMac3321

What's up,

I am in the process of buying an MPC. Not sure whether it's gonna be a 500,1000,or 2000 yet. But my main question is...say I'm using software now [where to drag sounds into the pads]. Do the MPs connect well with the computer [as well as other equipment], so that you can just simulate what you want to do on the computer/software, but it secondly shows up on the MP pads? Please let me know, I would appreciate it..

Thanks.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
No, not at all. There are few apps but they are all pretty rough. I would probably go for a 1000 out of those three and get JJOS. If computer integration is important to you get Maschine. If stand alone usage with NO computer is important an MPC is a better fit.

SMac3321

Thanks guys...I've decided on either the 1000 or the Maschine. A little more reading and I'll be able to make my decision.

Thanks again.

SMac3321

Yeah, I'll prolly be better off with the Maschine combo soft/hardware.

Relic, are your plans to go from an MP to a Maschine, or are you going to somehow use both, etc. I'm still trying to figure out what integrates with what as far as soft/hardware hard/hardware goes, etc.

Thanks for the link Fade.