New Scratch - Eminem

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I just seen the cover at dustygroove.com. I hope mine comes in today. If not, I'll have to buy it. I hate waitin for it and seein it in the stores. that's why i got two copies of the last one. I always read the issue in one damn day. It's like going through detox waitin for the next one.

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ok...this magazine has been pissing me off lately...out of all the dope producers...they choose Eminem and put him on the cover.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
UGHGHGHG GH

"he's not a proffesional beat maker" IS EXACTLY why he DOES NOT belong on that cover.

i lose more and more respect for that magazine everytime out.

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I admit the magazine is a good read even the artists I dont listen to had something interesting to say (lil jon & that cash money dude)

But that magainze is becomming more and more like the source in every issue by jocking whoever is selling the most records.

But regardless ima still buy the mag but I wish they would have more in-dpeth articles, tutorial and equipment reviews instead of lil features of somes dude talking about how dope they is.

Hita_K

Dilltastic
ill o.g.
This the picture of the new cover. It includes interviews with Common, Buck-Wild, Sha Money XL and more. Looks intresting, definite buy.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Eminem has made a few (i said a few) tight beats in the past, but i dont think he deserves the cover over say someone like Just Blaze or Preemo.

sAfE.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Rhythmikal said:
...but i dont think he deserves the cover over say someone like Just Blaze or Preemo.

You gotta get em to the photo shoot first... plus in the last issue or somewhere I was reading that Premo want even be in the mag. for an article unless he's on the cover.... plus a lot of times they have 2/3 months of covers already laid out... like Premo might be schedule for a shoot for this months but had to re schedule for some reason, so they have to push that cover back and do another... cuz they got deadlines and all... and the press wont wait... cuz that's mad money to back up orders , cuz they have an order they have to print in.... cuz maybe they're printing the Scratch cover and XXL on 1 run.... since they do have the some Publishing company..... who knows...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
or jay dee, or scott storch, or battlecat, or alchemist, or hi tek, or havoc, ayatollah, or cut chemist, or peanut butter wolf, or madlib, or rjd2, or dame grease, or dj qwik (even if he is a chump for jacking mad scientist's name), or organized noise, or buckwild, or 45 king, or a HOST of others who are extremely well deserving of gettin some shine.

this magazine is nothing more then the same political B.S that the source and XXL have become.

i'll wind up buying becaus eit has good reads, but it has lots of deserving candidates for covers and yet some "hummer" who uses other people to make his bland, boring, *YAWNS* he calls beats gets a cover. riiiiiiiiiight.

Frictionbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 51
Cold Truth said:
or jay dee, or scott storch, or battlecat, or alchemist, or hi tek, or havoc, ayatollah, or cut chemist, or peanut butter wolf, or madlib, or rjd2, or dame grease, or dj qwik (even if he is a chump for jacking mad scientist's name), or organized noise, or buckwild, or 45 king, or a HOST of others who are extremely well deserving of gettin some shine.

Quik is in the new issue. Still talking about how computers ( digital ) dont do a good job. and he has some new Patent Pending ID process he came up with & that he is sending producers back to drawing board with this. He talks about not using digital over analog, but you see his toolbox? it says Pro Tools!! hahaaha. but anyways, I have heard stuff from fruity loops that sound fatter than his stuff. Dont get me wrong I like quik, I just disagree.

My 2 pennys!

spin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yeah ok but thing as the editor of the mag... if the put just blaze in the cover or some other dope producer (which people outside the beat making they don't know) it wont sell that much.. but with em on the cover it will sell... personaly i don't care let them put everyone on the cover and all the rest of the mag to be great :)

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
its business, eminem will attract new readers to the mag, people that wouldnt of otherwise bothered to read it. people interested in beat making and those subscribing will cop the magazine regardless. Like if they ever decide to put timbaland on there, theyll probably have Missy on the cover with him since she also "produces" and is very popular.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
It Does make sense To put Em on the Cover but COme on yo Any Real hiphop Head knows Timb and Just Blaze I hope Just Blaze gets the Cover Soon

members online