NEW IDEA on how to recruit phat MCs for a demo.

E

Equality 7-2521

what up fam.

yo i am working on my demo ep. im hoping to have between 5 to 10 tracks on it. i think 7 would be a nice number. i want to have about 1 or 2 instrumentals and the rest with dope MCs rhyming on them.

now listen to this....... I got a 12" record of one of the best MCs in Australia. hes very popular and dope here. His name is Delta. on this record is the acepella. I put the acapella on my new beat and found it suited perfectly and was a much doper song than the one on the 12" he released.

now im not writing this to give myself props. im writing to see what you guys think of my new idea.

the idea is.......

on the cover of the 12" is the email address of Delta. i am going to send Delta my track, with his acapella on it and with some of my scratches. a proper remix. in the email i will ask him what he thinks of my remix and more importantly ill ask him if he would be happy to give me permission to have the remix on my demo or better yet, have him do a completely new song for the beat. and suggest we meet up some time if hes interested. and if hes keen to do a new song i could offer him some of my time too, since he will be doing me the favour.

i was thinking this could be a good way to get established local MCs on my demo which which could actually make my demo a very solid and popular realease in Australia. (IMO)

so maybe if it works with delta, the same technique could be used for other dope Mcs in my area who would be hard to hook up with otherwise.

has anyone ever done this before?

what do you guys think?

good idea?

dodgy idea?

ya see, ive never heard of this before so im just wondering. to be honest though ive got a feeling this will work. i dont think im asking for too much concidering that i think my new beat would do Deltas rhymes much more justice than the ones he has used in the past.

anyway, drop your thoughts

peace

spin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
its not a new idea... thats what 9thwonder did with nas, danger mouse did with jay-z and a lot more producers...

Synopsis

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I think its a good plan, but as said before, its hard to say whether or not he'll actually ever hear it. I think you have a pretty good chance if he does hear it. One question though, has anyone else listened to the remix you made and commented on it? In other words, is the remix one that everybody thats heard it, or at least the majority, thought was better? If so, then I would say go for it for sure. In either case you can't lose.

E

Equality 7-2521

cool. its reassuring to see that you guys think its worth doing. i should have the track done next week and will post it in the chowcase and let yaal know if anythign goes down with delta.

and na helix i dont reckon hed do that. ive heard this delta dude is a hell chiller na mean.

members online