pitch the sample down then till you can match they key of the bassline
too it is an easy fix ... Thats what I usually do

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Can't match the key of the bassline to the key of the sample ... Yeah
pitch the sample down then till you can match they key of the bassline
too it is an easy fix ... Thats what I usually do
word. your sample is out of key. so you may not want to fully rely on adjust pitch, and also try tweaking the tempo (adjust the speed without adjusting the pitch of the sample) and that might get you closer to what you're trying to do. peace.

I find the key of a sample by playing a piano instrument. The piano is the easiest for me to detect keys in, once I can improvise up and down the scale in whatever the samples key is, I then use the keys I have matched with piano and then improvise a bassline. With bass its hard to detect the semi tones, because of the limits in our hearing ability, ive found my hearing ability has improved with practice. Our ears are most effective at hearing the speech frequency range, so use mid ranged sounds to get the key from a sample.
Its amazing how quick your ears improve.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
so yall basically sayin that i need to pitch down the sample, find the key for bass and then pitch it up where i want? cause i wanna keep my sample high pitched and dont wanna change no tempo.

Every track doesn't call for a bassline! Since you have the sample pitched up you may have to use bass hitz every now and then. Something Subby just to give you a little bottom. How much bottom does your drum kicks have? If drum pattern is good you could always use the "never fail bass" technique. Shit will ride the beat with little to no effort. My former SP 12 users might now what I'm talking about.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Also try tuning the bass an octave or two above what it's currently at and see how that helps. But yeah, tuning a subass is a bish.

T

TheMost

You're too new to Reason....lol...everythings a problem for you right now. It'll pass most....it'll pass!

hahahhaha good point, i woulnt say everything but def tuning the samples is weve talked about it before.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Every track doesn't call for a bassline! Since you have the sample pitched up you may have to use bass hitz every now and then. Something Subby just to give you a little bottom. How much bottom does your drum kicks have? If drum pattern is good you could always use the "never fail bass" technique. Shit will ride the beat with little to no effort. My former SP 12 users might now what I'm talking about.

What's the "never fail bass" technique?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
What's the "never fail bass" technique?

Duplicate the sample track and Lo fi filter the sample( the duplicated one), that will take out the highs. Take out additional highs and boost the bass by eqing it and adding more bass and you'll get a bassline that will ride the beat flawlessly! Listen to Jigga's Dead Presidents...that bassline is the sample filtered lo fi. If you use Reason its easy to do with the NNXT. Anytime I have a problem putting down a bassline I use this technique. You couldn't get a live bass player to play it that flawlessly.