Need Some More Help

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
just got my pad upgrade for my 1000, i dont really know what all i will need to really be able to use this thing efficiently, i know i will need a memory card, i already have 128 RAM upgrade, do i need a mixer? or a new OS like JJOS or just the most recent akai OS? really just trying to figure out like a list of everything to get before i jump into this thing full force

junxiwang

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yo brother, I m not sure if I m right, but I dont think you need a mixer if you want to record the beats into pc via a cool interface, cause the software can do the job. JJos is more handy, but I dunno which one is the newest. Google could tell you.

Peace

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Yeah jjos is not neccessary, I have the 2500 and have been using the standard OS for some time now with no problem.
I figured that its best to learn the thing first before I go around changing how it operates.
As long as you have the RAM you are good to go.
If you dont know anything about it , it will take a hot second before you feel like you are doing something with it, but once you get it , you will be good to go forever, so hop in full force, all the upgrades in the world wont change anything, using it will.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
It all depends on how many inputs your your audio interface has, and if your using anymore hardware gear. That will determine if you need a mixer or not.

Example my sound card only has one input, so I have the 1000 and my sound module going into a mixer, and the mixer output going in the input of my sound card. Im with relic just update to the standard Akai OS for now and youll be fine.

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
i dont even have a sound card in my laptop... is this vitol?
and i dont have any outside gear, but i will get a midi keyboard soon and my interface has one in and on out for midi. i have akai OS not sure if its the latest version, also im having trouble with the samples, i know how to switch them from poly to mono so they cut each other off, and i also can turn the "play" to mono so none of the samples will overlap each other, but i want my drums to be freely because if i put the play in mono i cant layer my drum sounds, i was watching a tutorial and the guy said to make a new program with ur drums in it. if i create a new program will it have its own set of play or is that just for everything in general?

btw the "play" im talking about is on the same screen where you would switch the single sample to poly or mono...

any advice can help, really trying to figure this out.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
i dont even have a sound card in my laptop... is this vitol?
and i dont have any outside gear, but i will get a midi keyboard soon and my interface has one in and on out for midi. i have akai OS not sure if its the latest version, also im having trouble with the samples, i know how to switch them from poly to mono so they cut each other off, and i also can turn the "play" to mono so none of the samples will overlap each other, but i want my drums to be freely because if i put the play in mono i cant layer my drum sounds, i was watching a tutorial and the guy said to make a new program with ur drums in it. if i create a new program will it have its own set of play or is that just for everything in general?

btw the "play" im talking about is on the same screen where you would switch the single sample to poly or mono...

any advice can help, really trying to figure this out.

I hope im understanding your question right but, "Yes" if you created a new program you can set the setting to how you want for that specific program. If you have any kind hardware that you plan on recoording into the PC its best that you do get some kind of audio interface, so if I were you I would be looking around. You may be able to get away with it, but I would def get one.