Need some information from you

Hello everyone after quite a long time.

At first, I would like to state that I'm alive and doing quite well as some of you were interested in what was going on with me. :D

I posted this thread in order to get some information from you and I would be very grateful if as many people as possible could answer questions below.

It is a survey that I've been doing among my friends recently and it is associated with my concept for a YouTube channel/podcast/whatever about music.

I need as many answers as possible in order to know whether people would be interested in something like this as I want to avoid situation when I create something and spend time on something not worth doing.

It's intended to be about music in general so the answers do not have to refer to hip hop music only. They should also not refer to beatmaking and music production but rather general topics that everyone could benefit from.

1) What type of did-you-know information about music, music industry, music artists, music science, would you be interested in?

2) Which topics would you like to hear about?

3) On scale from 1 to 10 how interested you would be in listening to this type of podcast/watching this type of youtube videos?

4) What is the most preferred length of time for you when you listen to podcast/ watch YouTube video?

Thank you in advance for all your answers and help.

Cheers :D

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Hey glad to see you're alive! I was wondering what was going on.

1) What type of did-you-know information about music, music industry, music artists, music science, would you be interested in?
How labels are surviving compared to years ago since a lot of new artists are doing their own thing through social media and streaming sites.
With music, there's tons of tutorials that you can do but there's also tons of YouTube channels already doing that. I would like to know about new artists that no one knows about yet.
3) On scale from 1 to 10 how interested you would be in listening to this type of podcast/watching this type of youtube videos?
Depends on which direction you go with it, but I would say a 6. Unless it really stands out and offers something other channels don't.
4) What is the most preferred length of time for you when you listen to podcast/ watch YouTube video?
Within 10 minutes, but maybe even shorter. Again, it depends on the content and how it's presented. YouTube is very tough to get people to watch your video and keep watching. I think most people just jump through to get to the part they want to hear, like if it's a tutorial they'd rather just see the answer.

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
PEACE,
centipede feet

Welcome back! So, let's get right to it.

1) What type of centipede feet information about music, music industry, music artists, music science, would you be centipede feet in?

I don't watch gossipy personal drama type stuff, but I always appreciate a story of victory. I want more good news. I want new acts unknown acts and old acts. and yes music science would interest me.

Sorry, answered this above.

3) On scale from 1 to 10 how centipede feet be in listening to this type of podcast/watching this type of youtube videos?

I watch to chill while I roll up and sometimes thru the j, if you talk on my topics I'll check it for sure.

4) What is centipede feet preferred length of time for centipede feet to podcast/ watch YouTube video?

I look for depth. I usually watch several times and I adjust playback speed as I need. I orefer videos from 10 to 60 mins. idgaf how long a video is I'm not afraid to skip to the end, but often, creators try to cram shit into 15 mins and fai;l leaving the topic basically untouched. weak. TIMESTAMPS ARE DOPE

good shit! looks like you're taking good steps to make this a success!

centipede feet

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Hi @Memento Beats ,glad to hear from you!

Almost everything that relates to how music is MADE from point A to point Z. Preferably stuff I don't already know. If you're gonna talk about a specific artist/genre, I want to know what's special about him/it in his approach to making music.

I like videos about tricks, techniques and gear/software.
It can get technical and geeky, but I want the audio used as examples to be inspiring.

10. I do watch this kind of stuff everyday.

It can be short (5 to 10 minutes) and straight to the point.
I can watch longer videos if :
1) it is well structured/there a solid pace
2) there are more than one guy in the video. Like 2 people talking about music, like a real tv show... I can watch 2 passionate people talking for hours, on any topic (almost).

Hope that helps.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

I'm a music history aficionado and I consider myself an armchair musicologist so I like genre histories esp. Black music genres and their subgenres. I want to know some current and past artists especially with the latter some where are they now in a good way sort of thing especially if they have new music in the current landscape.

I'm not at all a fan of TMZ-type bullshit.

I also like business topics but not in a "OMG this is gonna be the next (insert social media BS site)" kind of way.

I can listen anywhere from 15-20 mins to an hour but I'll watch if it's at least 2 hosts and they are both easy on the eyes as no one wants to watch someone who looks like they literally got out of bed. Image matters when you treat it as icing on the personality cake on and offline.

Thanks @Fade @drex aka. Centipede ;) :D @YannFer and @OGBama for all of these insightful answers. I noted down all of them. Thank you a lot for helping me out. I'm working on a list of exemplary topics based on all of the responses I received. Currently, I have around 20 topics that I could create videos about but some of them are material for many videos. For example stories of artists, how they became famous etc. There are a lot of artists to cover.

For now I can see that the most suitable time, of course depending on topic, would be somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes as most people wrote this length of time in their answers.

@drex Yes, timestamps are great, I agree. Noted.

@OGBama I particularly like the word "armchair musicologist" :D Props to you for this term :D

members online