Need Mixing Help

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
Hey guys, a lot of you are very knowledgeable about mixing/mastering so looking for some advice on this one. I've used a lot of different layers/instruments, so this one is a doozy. All advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Phenri

Master Beater
This gives me inner city summertime vibes. I like it! As far as the mixing goes, maybe you could bring down the saxophone(?) just a touch, and maybe tweak the vocals up a little. I could tell something was there, but it was hard to make it out. And in the intro, your high end seems to be a touch high. But with all said and done, it's pretty damn close from my perspective. Real solid beat, my dude.

MichaelsLife

Created for a purpose
Battle Points: 5
Nice beat! I agree with what Phenri said. Also to me it sounds like all the samples are kinda stacked in the center. It helps to narrow them and pan them so that it sounds less cluttered. Also really helps to make EQ pockets for each sample. For example if the piano has its main frequencies around 1200, you can dip the supporting samples in that range to allow the piano to stand on its own (a very vague example, but I'm sure you get the point). Especially when there's a lot going on, you gotta make room for each sound to have its own space in the stereo field. Hope this helps in some way. God bless bro.

DR.O

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 35
it sounds like u are using two drums a snare drum loop and a bass drum loop in layers... i thnk the sax is good but turn the snare drum down slightly to bridge the gap between the bass drums and the other layers ..it sounds like the gain is the same and they are competing with each other.... thats the main clash the two drum layers... if its all in one sample then it will sound drowned if u lower it... but it feels like two drum tracks dancing and the 2 gains are competing too much numbing each other out and muddying ur mix and the more layers ur doing the muddier things get try n find spots where u can cut out sections of layers not in play and that shud open it up some too