Need help with midi.

Teknology

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
ok im using my casio keyboard as a midi controller and it will play the sounds like on redrum and nnxt but it doesnt record them can some help i dont have much experience with midi

Teknology

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i am hitting record and i have went to preferences and set up my keyboard, still not working i can play all the devices with my external keyboard i just cant seem to get it to record what i play in the sequencer

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Teknology said:
i am hitting record and i have went to preferences and set up my keyboard, still not working i can play all the devices with my external keyboard i just cant seem to get it to record what i play in the sequencer

You can't record to your keyboard if that's what u're trying to do.. MIDI doesnt work like that...

MIDI ONLY SENDS DATA SIGNALS AND NOT AUDIO...

Teknology

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i understand that im just trying to record in the reason sequencer using my casio keyboard instead of pointing and clicking everything

djrekonize

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
look on they keyboard and see if their is a switch that has to be turned to midi?

just thought about this go to preferences and advance midi and mess with the setings thier, like select it as bus 1 or something

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17

Teknology

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
ok its not a midi controller im using it is a casio ctk-691 it has midi in and midi out on it, its connected with a m-audio usb cable does this make any difference?