need help!!!!!! tracking

jwalk

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i have a triton a motiff and a mpc2000xl and i have 2 computers and my recording software is nuendo but i also have cubase i want to track all my songs out track for track into my computer what i was doing is tracking each track out 1 by 1 audio strait into nuendo but i have been having a problem with timeing. what are some of the easiest ways to track out music that is being played from my gear and it will stay on time will midi help? if so what is the best midi hardware to get and what will it do for me

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Best way is to use the mpc, when you make your beats it should be totally independent of the software sequencer...so you can make your tracks completely independent...unless you are using some vst's etc.......the the next thing you want to do is when you are ready to track utilize the timing from your computer sequencer to set the main midi clock...(or if you want 0 delay mtc, I have seen issues with this)........the main thing at this point is that you should take two things from what I will say....... 1. generally in your setup if you press play on the mpc it should provide the master clock to your other gear and play back your song....a good way to know you have it hooked up correctly is if you press play on the mpc transport and you have another keyboard workstation do you see the play light come on at the same time?

2. when you are ready to record your(nuendo) software sequencer should be providing the master midi clock so after you set up the bpm and number of measures for your recorded sequence in (I will use protools cause thats my sequencer recorder) quick test is to press play on your software sequencer's transport, you should see the same result you would have seen if your mpc was not connected to the computer.....your mpc play light should come on and the song plays back but the software is controlling everything now and you should have your audio out from the mpc or module going into the audio input on your sound card or interface and be able to actively monitor the signals and levels..........

once you have all of this hooked up its a wrap, all you need to do is solo each track on the mpc and dump it.....if you know how to use your markers in protools or nuendo you will even make the process much more simpler.....hit me up if you need any help I been using hardware setups for at least 6 years and have extensive experience with midi.

jwalk

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
bigdmakintrax said:
Best way is to use the mpc, when you make your beats it should be totally independent of the software sequencer...so you can make your tracks completely independent...unless you are using some vst's etc.......the the next thing you want to do is when you are ready to track utilize the timing from your computer sequencer to set the main midi clock...(or if you want 0 delay mtc, I have seen issues with this)........the main thing at this point is that you should take two things from what I will say....... 1. generally in your setup if you press play on the mpc it should provide the master clock to your other gear and play back your song....a good way to know you have it hooked up correctly is if you press play on the mpc transport and you have another keyboard workstation do you see the play light come on at the same time?

2. when you are ready to record your(nuendo) software sequencer should be providing the master midi clock so after you set up the bpm and number of measures for your recorded sequence in (I will use protools cause thats my sequencer recorder) quick test is to press play on your software sequencer's transport, you should see the same result you would have seen if your mpc was not connected to the computer.....your mpc play light should come on and the song plays back but the software is controlling everything now and you should have your audio out from the mpc or module going into the audio input on your sound card or interface and be able to actively monitor the signals and levels..........

once you have all of this hooked up its a wrap, all you need to do is solo each track on the mpc and dump it.....if you know how to use your markers in protools or nuendo you will even make the process much more simpler.....hit me up if you need any help I been using hardware setups for at least 6 years and have extensive experience with midi.
OK THATS WHAT I WANTED TO KNOW BUT WHAT TYPE OF MIDI HARDWARE DO I NEED FOR MY COMPUTER SO I CAN HOOK MY MPC UP TO THE COMPUTER WHATS THE BEST AND MOST PROBLEM FREE HARDWARE OR MIDICARD I CAN GET?

members online