Need Help Making Bassline....??

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I've Been Producing For A Yr Now........and I Still Can't Find The Bass That I'm Looking For.....i Have A Fantom X That I Use....but All It Has Is The Synth Bass And The Bass Guitar..........these Suck................i Want The Alchemist Type Deep Dirty Sounding Bass...how Can I Achive This.....do Producers Tweak The Bass Guitar Sounds...i Dunno How To Do This And Its Annoying.....i Want That Mobb Deep Bassline...not A 808 Kick....i Need Deep Bass!!! Help

MR_P

!
ill o.g.
incogneeto said:
I've Been Producing For A Yr Now........and I Still Can't Find The Bass That I'm Looking For.....i Have A Fantom X That I Use....but All It Has Is The Synth Bass And The Bass Guitar..........these Suck................i Want The Alchemist Type Deep Dirty Sounding Bass...how Can I Achive This.....do Producers Tweak The Bass Guitar Sounds...i Dunno How To Do This And Its Annoying.....i Want That Mobb Deep Bassline...not A 808 Kick....i Need Deep Bass!!! Help

Ive never had the pleasure of using a Fantom X but I hear there real good for leads and stuff. For dirty bass I use the MicroKorg as its analogue and deep as hell! Thats my opinion anyways, check it out: http://www.vintagesynth.org/

Peace

P

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
ummmm that fantom x has much more than you speak of. i know that from playing with it as much as i have.

you do not get bass like that from basicpreset patches- you just dont.

some food for thought? bear in mind that the fantom has 3 MFX slots and numerous COSM effects. honestly the only thing that you can do is find a "base" patch that reasonably fits what you are looking for and start tweaking. use that compressor, use the various amp models, some EQ and some filters. you simply have to put in some work, my friend. you have a powerful machine at your disposal and it is capable of much, but you must learn to use all it has to offer, grasshopper.

*one other thing- the original sounds for the bass you are thinking of, remember that at one point in time they were the same kind of acoustic bass and/or synth bass sounds yo ualready have.

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Cold Truth said:
ummmm that fantom x has much more than you speak of. i know that from playing with it as much as i have.

you do not get bass like that from basicpreset patches- you just dont.

some food for thought? bear in mind that the fantom has 3 MFX slots and numerous COSM effects. honestly the only thing that you can do is find a "base" patch that reasonably fits what you are looking for and start tweaking. use that compressor, use the various amp models, some EQ and some filters. you simply have to put in some work, my friend. you have a powerful machine at your disposal and it is capable of much, but you must learn to use all it has to offer, grasshopper.

*one other thing- the original sounds for the bass you are thinking of, remember that at one point in time they were the same kind of acoustic bass and/or synth bass sounds yo ualready have.

COSM EFFECTS...........wut are those...i never heard....and thanks...i have to send the bass guitar to the MFX's and see wut i can do!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
COSM is a roland brand of guitar and bass modeling effects. it models various amps and pedals. get to work!

let us hear the results in the showcase.

ill o.g.
Does the fantom x let you make sine waves or anything like that? I can make som dope bass out of just a sine wave. You just gotta tweak it an shit. And maybe layer it with some other low violin or somethin.

try tweakin or eqing or whatever the x lets you do with your sounds til you get what you want.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
pretty much every thing has a basic sine bass on it. i have yet to get ANYTHING that lacked that.

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
incogneeto said:

AL uses a MOOG which is a analog synth. The romplers(triton,motif,fantom) have a long way to come before they can be ass good as the bass on analog. I haven't had a chance to mess with a Fantom, but I'm sure it has some moog patches on it. Try those out and mess with the EQ's on it, this should get you close without you having to spend any money.