Need Advice!

ill o.g.
Whats up.

Just need some advice really quick, before I make a purchase. basically my setup right now, is a computer, with cool edit pro, and fruity loops.

I have an oppurtunity to get an ASR-10, but I want to know if you think, that would help my setup out. I know the ASR is a sampler, and thats basically what I do with cool edit.

I was looking to get a board to give me sounds, and I know an ASR comes with none, but you can sample sounds, and you can get discs.

So would getting an ASR be a good thing and help my music?

one love

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Only thing good is the sampler and the fact that it's a keyboard but ilike you said it has no sounds in it...if you're buying it off someone don't pay too much and before you buy it look into the ASR-X it has sounds in it it has one of the best samplers out the only thing wrong with it is the sequencer sucks

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
If you can get the ASR dirt cheap then go for it. If not, don't waste your time. It's a great machine but since you're using mainly your PC, then you don't really have a need for it. There are many other keyboards out there with sounds in them, but then again, if you just get a MIDI controller keyboard and hook it up to your PC, then you can play samples that way.

ill o.g.
Thanks for the advice, that is what I was kind of thinking. But I wasn't to sure. I will look into the ASR-X. Im still on the hunt for a roland xp keyboard.

one love

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Your other option is getting a keyboard that's not too expensive and that has cards that you can load into it, giving you lots of sounds. This way you can use it like that, or hooked up to your computer. Either way, if I was you I'd stay away from keyboard workstations.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Fade
Your other option is getting a keyboard that's not too expensive and that has cards that you can load into it, giving you lots of sounds. This way you can use it like that, or hooked up to your computer. Either way, if I was you I'd stay away from keyboard workstations.

that's good advice. I never really thought about that, but I have to admit my knowledge of keyboards is low. Do you have any recommendations of what particular keyboards would be good for this? and also where do you get the cards and much do they cost approx?

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the Alesis Q series look like nice keyboards. Thanks for that.

One of my main challenges at the moment and I think is realted to the original post that started this topic. Is having great sounds in my arsenal. I've always kinda thought that getting an MPC and a Triton would satisfy me and my need for dope sounds at my fingertips. Now I'm starting to think there may be better options.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can offer some additional suggestions for myself and other forum members I'd be hella happy.

thanks peeps

ill o.g.
thanks fade, I wouldn't get anything but the xp-30, thats just straight sounds. I will check out the alesis keyboards as well, I just have always liked roland sounds.

one love

B

Beatbrigade

I'd stay away from the asr-x...............your much, much, much better off with an mpc and a sound module. a roland xp and an mpc would be unstoppable

Waynyce

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yeah A roland Xp, one of those new e-mu keyboards might be just what you need. They run about $600 come loaded with sounds in different styles and are expandable

members online