Nas officially on Def Jam

bisit

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just saw an article on allhiphop saying that Nas is offically signed to Def jam. I think this is gonna be a good look for him. I wonder if cam going at jay had anything to do with his decision?

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
cam wish he was the person that influenced history in the makin. of course thats what he thinks, but dude isn't THAT important. Jay needs no help with camron. It was just meant to be. this is just real recognizing real. They both want to see hip-hop go in a different direction than where its headed.

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
It might be a good look for Nas.. But what about the other new people that are there? I know that jay is supposed to be a good business man and all but hasn't he signed a whole herd of people that haven't done anything yet?

T

The Bastard

Def Jam Got, Ghostface,jigga,nas,method Man, Nore,jeezy, Redman, Luda, Kanye And More. Lot If Ill Mcs On One Label. Unfuckwithable.for Real, Whos Gunna Fuc Kwit That

Ca$h Pacasso

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Why are yall talking like Jay Z is the CEO of Def Jam...LA Reid is the one who signed Nas to Def Jam...Damn yall give Jay credit for everything...And as far as Premo doing Nas whole album I dont think that will make nas shit hot....I appreciate what Premo has done in hip hop and his status but there are so many up and coming producers that Premos production is kinda lame nowadays...dont get me wrong he can still pump out a banger but a whole Nas album I dont think so....To be perfectly honest Premo is not what Nas needs to regain his status...

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cash does have a point. Jay-Z is much of a front person for def jam (the name and face you could) but he's definitley not accomplishing these things on his own. check for the irv gotti article on allhiphop and you'll see Jay can't do all for everyone (but again we're talkin bout irv in this case, all things considered) as far as the Nas album, i'm excited and curious to see what both Nas and Premo brings to a complete project. i beleive it'll bring Nas' Lyrical prowness back to the likes of what was on illmatic. more meat and less fat if you know what i mean. this album appears to be more of a "back to the essence" type album, no bells and whistles, lets get back to what matters most. it also seems from what Jay's been spittin lately, that he's gettin away from the BS rap and spittin shit that's clever and witty, definitely sounds like Jay wants to come back more than he makes it look. but that's just my opinoin. Peace.

T

The Bastard

Ca$h Pacasso said:
Why are yall talking like Jay Z is the CEO of Def Jam...LA Reid is the one who signed Nas to Def Jam...Damn yall give Jay credit for everything...And as far as Premo doing Nas whole album I dont think that will make nas shit hot....I appreciate what Premo has done in hip hop and his status but there are so many up and coming producers that Premos production is kinda lame nowadays...dont get me wrong he can still pump out a banger but a whole Nas album I dont think so....To be perfectly honest Premo is not what Nas needs to regain his status...
who said anything about jay z signing nas?

B

Burna

The Bastard said:
Def Jam Got, Ghostface,jigga,nas,method Man, Nore,jeezy, Redman, Luda, Kanye And More. Lot If Ill Mcs On One Label. Unfuckwithable.for Real, Whos Gunna Fuc Kwit That

That some real shit right thea..

Co-Signs, that one.

T

The Bastard

MarkN said:
i think they are trying to build def jam up so they dont get overshadowed the interscope/aftermath machine !
they doin a hell of a job, cuz lyrically, no1 in shady/aftermath can see any of those cats

damird

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Joe Budden might get lost in all this mess again. Jay and Def Jam better work with Budden and make sure his shit comes out right now. Mood Muzik 2 was an excellent mixtape, now "The Growth" needs to be an excellent LP. Basically DEF JAM (notb branches) looks like this: Nas, Budden, Ghostface, MF Doom (yeah rumored to have recorded somethin for DJ), Premier, Jeezy, Santana, Redman and few others. Shit is crazy, plus all the branches.

members online