N.U.G.'s producer interview/article of the week: KANYE WEST

Medicine Man

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
That Alchemist Mobb Deep track was hot to trot! I think the Alchemist is one of the tightest producers of all time, at least in hip-hop. But I'm talking about the finished song "get by" with Talib and Kayne and the live backup singers, not just the beat. I think the finished song is way tighter then that Mobb Deep song your talking about. But I love both.

G

Gmaf-IA

That Mobb Deep song is called "Nothin Like Home" from the Imfamy Album. How did Kanye do crazy stuff on that Celebrity Overnight Song. He sped up the sample, and added his signature drums. What took so much effort in making that song?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
??? actually, those are two entirely differnet samples...

sorry abourt the mix up. yeah, "get by" was an absolute masterpiece of a song... the sad part about it is that if that were a Jay-Z song it would have gotten so much more exposure.....

kanye has a few tracks that mess my head up, like "how he do that?" but then when he does tracks like "the new work out plan".. its just corny to me..

overnight celebrity was a decent track... but not the masterwork of a song cry... or get by... slow jamz was dope though...

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Yo, to me this man is a fuckin genious! He may come off as an asshole sometimes but you just gotta excuse that when he drops that heat on the streets. I definitly see him going somewhere no one has yet gone, or possibly close if not that.

<-"\.eXampuL_oNe._/"->